Hog Question - Do they care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Question - Do they care?

So I've been doing a lot of night hunting lately for hogs and was wondering... when deer spook at night and they run off blowing - does it also spook the pigs in the near vicinity, or no?

imo hogs will only scare if they smell/see you. but also if you are using lights they can spook them also; they ain't stupid!!
    but I don't think that deer and hogs communicate togeather, so as far as deer blowing and hauling butt; I don't think that will have any repurcussions as far as hunting any of the two; be it deer or pigs.
    Last edited by stickerpatch59; 10-13-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

No. deer often blow and run when the see, hear, or smell hogs.

Comment

No, I made a stalk on a big boar a few years ago, all the deer I busted out of the pasture running and blowing gave me cover sound to get close.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
          No. deer often blow and run when the see, hear, or smell hogs.

X2 but I have seen hogs run off before from a deer blowing. The situation was at a feeder and the hogs were under a feeder and the deer was walking around on the outside edge of the thrown corn. Once the deer got down wind of me it started stomping it's feet and then started blowing as it ran off. All the hogs took off when the deer started blowing. As stated above, I've seen/heard many times deer blow when the hogs are coming in and not bother them at all as it's very normal for deer to blow when hogs are coming into the area.

Comment

Working...
          X