Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware if you are close to the Brazos river

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are saying the same kind of scenario about the Colorado river in Wharton.

Comment

Dang!!!!!

Comment

Ah Hell no, not again........I live 1 mile from the Richmond Brazos river. It missed me by like 200 ft last time at 54.7 ft..

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize they already were forecasting again.

Ranchdog

Comment

A 40' rise... that is crazy. I hope it's not as bad as predicted. We had a bad spring flood and they make such a mess.

Comment

I just spent a bunch of $ on a house and barn pad out at the Bar X Ranch between Angleton and West Columbia. We are less than a mile off the Brazos and it flooded bad last year. On a positive note; it might give me an idea of how the water can get on the pad. I'm not through with it anyway, but I plan to build it up to where it cant flood the house.

Comment

It's a good thing we haven't had much rain in the last month or more, if the river was up and that surge hit then we would probably see last year's record broken.

Comment

I'm just concerned about how much they underestimated the initial crest last year when we reached record levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                  Ah Hell no, not again........I live 1 mile from the Richmond Brazos river. It missed me by like 200 ft last time at 54.7 ft..

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize they already were forecasting again.

Ranchdog
                  I know you dont want to hear this but I just got an email and it says they expect the crest to be 55 ft on Thursday. Im sure it will change some up and down over the next several days but that is the latest info.

Comment

Beware if you are close to the Brazos river

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    I know you dont want to hear this but I just got an email and it says they expect the crest to be 55 ft on Thursday. Im sure it will change some up and down over the next several days but that is the latest info.

Where is that email from? We were stranded in our neighborhood last time and I don't want that to happen with a wife 7 months pregnant.

Comment

Executive Director Update August 25, 2017

  Hurricane Harvey Updated Information

Please be aware that as of 7:00 PM, Hurricane Harvey has been upgraded to a category 4 storm. It is still projected to hit near Corpus Christi late tonight, or early tomorrow. During local and national conference calls this afternoon, we have been given updated information regarding the Brazos River. I am passing this information along to the community in an effort to keep you informed. The more information you get, the less rumor and innuendo will be flying around. Please understand this storm is constantly changing, and this information will be updated regularly.

Rainfall Amounts – As of this evening's National Weather conference call, rainfall estimates for Fort Bend County are between 10"-20" thru Monday. Projections are for an additional 5"-10" from Tuesday thru Thursday. Coastal areas could see an additional 5"-10" above this. This information will be updated as soon as we get any changes or updates.

RIVER/ LEVEE – After several conference calls/ emails with local and national authorities, the Brazos River is now expected to reach 51' at Richmond on Monday evening (3' below last year's peak). With the additional rainfall expected upstream between Tuesday and Thursday, the projected crest of the Brazos is expected on Thursday at or slightly above last year's record level (54.6'). I am in communication with our levee management groups to roll out the necessary precautions. We will move pumps into the West side of New Territory (High Meadows, Autumn Ridge) on Sunday, to pump out excess water as needed. Tiger dams will be put out along the Bullhead Slough shortly thereafter. Current projections place the peak water level at or near the base of the levee, around the same levels seen last year. This will be a quick river rise and levels should start falling shortly after the river peaks. This information is constantly being updated, and could change later into next week depending on what the storm does. We will continue to monitor the situation and post updates as necessary. All resources necessary will be available and put in place as needed.

NTRCA FLOODING – At this time, we still predict local street flooding throughout the duration of this event. Levee Management Services will monitor the internal channels and ditches, and pump them out into the Brazos, as needed, throughout the weekend and into next week. This will allow the natural flow of water into the creeks and ditches as it continues to fall. It is important that items like trash cans, yard furniture, loose items around your yard and old newspapers be cleaned up and not allowed to flow into the drainage system. Again, please move all vehicles out of the street and into the higher area of your driveways. If you have extra driveway space, please offer it to your neighbors who don't.

UTILITY OUTAGES – Please be aware of downed power lines. Do not attempt to cross them. If you lose power or natural gas, you can report outages to CenterPoint Power – 713-207-2222 & Gas – 713-659-2111. Water issues can be reported to your water provider. SI Environmental - 832-490-1600 & Municipal Operations – 281-347-8686.

I will continue to attend future conference calls and send out updates as they become available. Let me know if there are any questions or concerns. Please pass this on to any of your friends or neighbors that might not receive it. If you are receiving this email from a friend, please take the time to go to https://secure.associationvoice.com/...t/SignUp/12798 and sign up to ensure you receive future emails and information when it is released.

  

Michael Walker, NTRCA Executive Director

Phone 281-565-0616

Executivedirector@newterritory.org

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Executive Director Update August 25, 2017

Hurricane Harvey Updated Information

Please be aware that as of 7:00 PM, Hurricane Harvey has been upgraded to a category 4 storm. It is still projected to hit near Corpus Christi late tonight, or early tomorrow. During local and national conference calls this afternoon, we have been given updated information regarding the Brazos River. I am passing this information along to the community in an effort to keep you informed. The more information you get, the less rumor and innuendo will be flying around. Please understand this storm is constantly changing, and this information will be updated regularly.

Rainfall Amounts – As of this evening's National Weather conference call, rainfall estimates for Fort Bend County are between 10"-20" thru Monday. Projections are for an additional 5"-10" from Tuesday thru Thursday. Coastal areas could see an additional 5"-10" above this. This information will be updated as soon as we get any changes or updates.

RIVER/ LEVEE – After several conference calls/ emails with local and national authorities, the Brazos River is now expected to reach 51' at Richmond on Monday evening (3' below last year's peak). With the additional rainfall expected upstream between Tuesday and Thursday, the projected crest of the Brazos is expected on Thursday at or slightly above last year's record level (54.6'). I am in communication with our levee management groups to roll out the necessary precautions. We will move pumps into the West side of New Territory (High Meadows, Autumn Ridge) on Sunday, to pump out excess water as needed. Tiger dams will be put out along the Bullhead Slough shortly thereafter. Current projections place the peak water level at or near the base of the levee, around the same levels seen last year. This will be a quick river rise and levels should start falling shortly after the river peaks. This information is constantly being updated, and could change later into next week depending on what the storm does. We will continue to monitor the situation and post updates as necessary. All resources necessary will be available and put in place as needed.

NTRCA FLOODING – At this time, we still predict local street flooding throughout the duration of this event. Levee Management Services will monitor the internal channels and ditches, and pump them out into the Brazos, as needed, throughout the weekend and into next week. This will allow the natural flow of water into the creeks and ditches as it continues to fall. It is important that items like trash cans, yard furniture, loose items around your yard and old newspapers be cleaned up and not allowed to flow into the drainage system. Again, please move all vehicles out of the street and into the higher area of your driveways. If you have extra driveway space, please offer it to your neighbors who don't.

UTILITY OUTAGES – Please be aware of downed power lines. Do not attempt to cross them. If you lose power or natural gas, you can report outages to CenterPoint Power – 713-207-2222 & Gas – 713-659-2111. Water issues can be reported to your water provider. SI Environmental - 832-490-1600 & Municipal Operations – 281-347-8686.

I will continue to attend future conference calls and send out updates as they become available. Let me know if there are any questions or concerns. Please pass this on to any of your friends or neighbors that might not receive it. If you are receiving this email from a friend, please take the time to go to https://secure.associationvoice.com/...t/SignUp/12798 and sign up to ensure you receive future emails and information when it is released.

Michael Walker, NTRCA Executive Director

Phone 281-565-0616

Executivedirector@newterritory.org

Thank you
                        Please let me know if you hear anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdub View Post
                          I just spent a bunch of $ on a house and barn pad out at the Bar X Ranch between Angleton and West Columbia. We are less than a mile off the Brazos and it flooded bad last year. On a positive note; it might give me an idea of how the water can get on the pad. I'm not through with it anyway, but I plan to build it up to where it cant flood the house.
                          What street? I kill all my deer off of Frontier Trail. Plan to eventually build.

Comment

It's looking much worse

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                              It's looking much worse

Yeah they bumped it up to 55' now.

Link for anyone interested in following it.

Comment

Working...
                              X