Visit to Horne Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to Horne Archery

My pal and I were in the DFW area and we stopped by to meet Sandy & Mark which I've been wanting to do since I acquired a sweet Horne longbow last month from a fellow archer. Fantastic people and a great shop with bows to lust for with stunning combos of awesome wood. I placed an arrow order with Sandy after Mark spent the time with selection. My pal placed his order for a 62" longbow with two set of limbs graced with Yew over boo centers. Must be a good sign as we finally recieved some long over due rain. Regards

Yep, Mark and Sandy are some good folks, for sure!

Bisch

Comment

Mark and Sandy are great. How many boxes of Girl Scout cookies did you buy while you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
        Mark and Sandy are great. How many boxes of Girl Scout cookies did you buy while you were there?
        I ended up with 6 boxes the last time I ran into Sandy in person!

Bisch

Comment

They make some beautiful bows.

Comment

I've been hinting around to my wife that I wanted to go there for one of their bow building schools they offer.

I've been doing it on my own but really like to see if I'm doing it right.

Maybe I'll get that for my birthday.

Comment

Just want to add that I am the Pal KAZ mentioned. We had a great time at Mark and Sandy's place. No one could ask for better folks to do business with. Also they made us feel like we were long time friends even though I had only spoken to Sandy on the phone prior.
              I am excited to have placed my bow order looking forward to the day I can pick it up.
              By the way KAZ left a generous donation for cookies.
              I hope to be able to go to Vanderpoll and meet many of you on this board.

Comment

Which bow is he making for you? I have a 3 piece Super Stick Recurve and a 1 piece Brush Bow longbow and I love them both!

Comment

Proud to say it is a 3 piece 62" Super Stick long bow with an additional set of limbs.

Comment

You won't be surprised to know that Mark & Sandy make it possible to send the GS cookies directly to our Troops so I was able to join a great program without the considerable tempation of having the cookies in my posession. LOL

Comment

Anyone know if they will be at Vanderpool? I sure would like to shoot one of his bows!

Comment

Last time I talked to Mark he said he was going but I don't know if they'll set up a booth.

Comment

GO HUNT WITH THEM... i can't wait till i can do it again...
                          jeffro

Comment

I really like my Horne Traditionalist

Comment

Working...
                            X