Serial bomber in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Better question is who watches TV with closed caption on?
    Hearing impaired.

Comment

my tv at work i use it and my tv at home has it on. i prefer it at work so I can mute the tv and concentrate on my work, or when folks are at my desk talking I can give them privacy yet still watch tv.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
        What does that, is it some type of speak to text?any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
          WOW the poor family of the 17 year old victim just got a slap in the face.

I just saw the station manager apologize KVUE in Austin Closed Caption Refers to 17 year old Draylen Mason as a "This Monkey "

Its on YouTube already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsY1La8CFJw
          Give me an effing break. It's clearly a transcription error. Take your race-baiting somewhere else.

Comment

That was clearly a mistake. But I do almost 24/7. Grew up with a deaf father and now I can’t watch most shows without it on.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Give me an effing break. It's clearly a transcription error. Take your race-baiting somewhere else.
              how's it race-baiting?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                how's it race-baiting?

Because the gentleman narrating the youtube video is suggesting that the victim was called a monkey, perhaps intentionally, to disparage the victim of the **** head bomber. Its pretty clear that the 3rd party transcription service didn't correctly transcribe "this young man" and thats terribly unfortunate, but it wasn't intentional.

I don't think he is suggesting you were race baiting.

Comment

This is a great moment in Law Enforcement cooperation. All these agencies pulled together, cut through the red tape, ego's and kicked ***! This case is a blueprint for how All law enforcement agencies should/can work together. Though this matter is coming to a close and all feel great satisfaction, I give it less than a week for the race rhetoric to resume. This situation reminds me of the time after 9/11 when we actually came together as a country for a few days then back to the division.

For all you folks here in Law Enforcement, than you for your service and dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                    Because the gentleman narrating the youtube video is suggesting that the victim was called a monkey, perhaps intentionally, to disparage the victim of the **** head bomber. Its pretty clear that the 3rd party transcription service didn't correctly transcribe "this young man" and thats terribly unfortunate, but it wasn't intentional.

I don't think he is suggesting you were race baiting.
                    the young man and what he was called are nothing similar

Comment

That would be me if I'm watching something that I want to understand what they are saying!!!!!

Not everyone can hear real great!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        That would be me if I'm watching something that I want to understand what they are saying!!!!!

Not everyone can hear real great!

Bisch
                        My wife and daughter are the same way they can hear it just cant make it out clearly sometimes so they rewind it. It used to drive me nuts watching tv with them. So instead of them rewinding every few min I deal with the CC being on.

Comment

I watch almost everything with closed captions.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                            I watch almost everything with closed captions.
                            Me too.

Comment

Still blown away with all this.

Can't help but feel sadness for all parties.

40 year old man who leaves an 8 year old child behind.
                              17 year old kid who was headed to college for music.
                              The 70 year old who was caring for a 90 year old.
                              The two 20 year olds just walking down their street.
                              And this bomber's family. Can't imagine what they are going through.

All I can do is pray for all of them, and hope this never happens again.

We may never know why. The simple fact is this kiddo, and yea, i'm old A 23 year old is a kiddo. He lost it. Was just wrong what he has done and selfish.

May the Lord have mercy on his soul and comfort all those that are hurting this evening And prayer of thanks that this is ending and no one else is hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                Still blown away with all this.

Can't help but feel sadness for all parties.

40 year old man who leaves an 8 year old child behind.
                                17 year old kid who was headed to college for music.
                                The 70 year old who was caring for a 90 year old.
                                The two 20 year olds just walking down their street.
                                And this bomber's family. Can't imagine what they are going through.

All I can do is pray for all of them, and hope this never happens again.

We may never know why. The simple fact is this kiddo, and yea, i'm old A 23 year old is a kiddo. He lost it. Was just wrong what he has done and selfish.

May the Lord have mercy on his soul and comfort all those that are hurting this evening And prayer of thanks that this is ending and no one else is hurt.
                                Amen

Comment

Working...
                                X