No announcement yet.

20x40 metal shed builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built my 30x40x14 myself. 14x14 rollup doors on each end, 8x10 sliders on the sides. If there is any type of breeze, I can catch it! I also have 20 lean-tos on both long sides, and I wish I would have made them 30'. I also have a 20 I-beam in the top of my shop, with a trolley & 1000# air hoist. By far the most valuable tool in my shop!!

Another must have is some low hanging fluorescent lights over your workbench!!

Comment

If you ever think that you might one day put in an automotive lift, 2 or 4 post. Make those adjustments to your slab now in the location it may go. Not easy to go back and add beams in your slab later.

And yes roll up doors are a must! 12' minimum would be my recommendation so you can easily back a trailer in if needed.

Lots of outlets. Run pipe for air from your compressor to both main doors with hose reels and air chucks an any place you might regularly use an air tool, like under/over/or right next to your workbench.

Comment

I built a loft on the back of mine to store stuff that I don't use often. I have a 12' roll up door on the front and a 10' door on the side, I get a good breeze with that. I didn't insulate it and can't say I really need to, never been too hot or too cold. I built cabinets along one wall and in one corner. I have several outlets and good lighting, air hose reel and eletrical reel. I have my welding machines in one corner with enough lead to reach most anywhere. I have gotten I perfer to do most of my grinding or cutting of wood outside because it's eaiser to clean up.

Comment

Sent palmetto a pm

Comment

I'm in on this one.. Planning on building one in the spring!

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
              Sent palmetto a pm
              Picked the trolley and lift up from a Demo job. I will have to look and see what MFR they are.

Comment

In, I'm looking at building a 50x60 w/ a 12' lean too, also looking for ideas. What's the best way/cheapest to do the slab? Any body have a preference between weld and bolt up?

Comment

Bolt up will be more expensive because of the added nuts and bolts
                  City is requiring an engineered building so I'll have to go with bolt up.

Comment

I work for mueller. Check out our 3D design tool. Www.muellerinc.com once you have what you are looking for, you can email the link to me by clicking on the envelope(middle right on the screen) my email is Stephen.Simmons@muellerinc.com

From there I can get a quote together and shoot it over to you.
                    Depending on how you accessorize it (roll up doors, windows, insulation, etc.), your probably going to be in the neighborhood of $12sqft for the building, tax and delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update on the build Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467159739.836867.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24449636Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467159772.166864.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	24449637Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467159784.039410.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24449638

Very happy
                      Just waiting on electric meter.

Comment

Whatever amount of lighting you think is needed, double that and you will be happy later on.

Comment

who built it, how big and any other details you don't mind sharing... LOOK AWESOME MAN!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467243504.311934.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24449723
                            Finally got the meter
                            Whoop
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467243537.326857.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24449724

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                I am in the process of building my interior out now. I have a little different layout with a 40x40 but 16' of that is dedicated to the pool side of the building for an outdoor kitchen/storage/bathroom & shower.

I am left with 24x40 for my workshop and I have built out a "tool room" that is 8x12 within that area. Everyone that has seen it loves the idea. The concept is to keep everything tool related in there from hand tools, rolling tool cabinet, power tools and supplies. I have a lot of painting and electrical supplies that will be stored in there as well. I was tired of chasing tools from the house garage to the shop and all over, hopefully this will consolidate that into one area.

Any pics of the tool room? I will be doing the same thing but 12x16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X