Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confessions

I once was able to knock off work early.

Was so dam excited, I grabbed all my hunting gear so I thought.

I loaded up and got to my lease. I got out the SUV, went to gear up, and discovered. I did not bring my arrows. How the heck can you bow hunt and now have arrows.

I drove home in defeat.

Whew, that felt good to get off my chest.

Has not happened again.

What do you got?

I drove to the shooting range once that is over 30 minutes away and forgot my guns at home...

Comment

I went fishing once and forgot how to catch fish.

Actually, I brought my stocking foot waders but forgot the wading boots. They were 2 hours away at home.

Comment

I used to leave my release....talk about frustrating as heck!!!!!![emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We hunted out of a blind in the morning. At 10 we got down went to the truck and ate something. Got the rattling horns. I grabbed my smaller walking gun. We walked about a mile rattled nothing. Walked about a half mile rattled nothing. Walked another half mile rattled and a 155 inch 12 point with mule forks off his g2s ran in to 50 yards. Slam dunk! No bullets in my small walking gun!!!

Comment

back long ago before I bow hunted, I drove all the way to the Rockies to hunt elk. and in the elk camp Friday night before the opener I realized my 30-06 had no cartridges in the pack. took a whole day to get back to the truck and drive to the local town.

Comment

Got 2 hours from home once when I realized I never loaded my bag of clothes.

I always load my weapons last so that they're not just sitting in my truck outside. That time I loaded them before my bag so I thought I was ready.

Not as painful as leaving arrows but after a trip to Wal Mart I was able to hunt and even arrowed a doe that evening.

Comment

Got soaking wet one morn while hunting in Pike County Illinois and got back to the motel and laid out everything to dry. Once afternoon hunt came around I went to get ready to head to my stand and realized that I didn’t have my release!!! Needless to say I had about a 30 minute drive back to motel that I wasn’t happy about having to make especially when I got a text telling me one of our target bucks was in the field near the stand I was planning on hunting! Now it gets wrapped around my bow after target shooting and hunting.

Comment

Left my nice clothes hanging in my closet in college once. Had a date in houston that night. Went to get ready realizing I left my clothes and called and told her. She said I stood her up and never talked to me again.

My trailer lock key stays on my boat key ring. Got to the ramp and realized I left my keys at home. Could not even drop the boat at in laws and drive back.

Forgot I had a very large deer cleaning knife in my travel backpack but TSA found it. Oh what fun that was.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Not me but our family friend.

Went pheasant hunting (drove from Texas to South Dakota), pulled up to the field on first day and started getting ready. Reached into his soft gun case and pulled out a scoped 243. Sometimes you don’t think to look twice what’s in your case .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've forgotten ammo, forgotten releases, forgotten knives, etc..

But worst of all..

I've forgotten my thermacell..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was 12 my Dad let me bowhunt for the first time by myself. My tree stand was 300yds from our back door. I had three arrows with me. Got in my stand and immediately dropped my first one to the ground. Hour later a doe comes by and i shoot about a foot over her back. She runs off and circles around to 15yds. I shoot again, way over her back. I’m out of arrows and she runs around and bumps a nice buck (for me at the time, probably 90” 8pt) right to me. He walks around between 10 and 30yds for 45 min and I didn’t have any arrows left. Guess it don’t matter because I would have shot a foot high but still sucked to sit there and have to watch him as a 12yr old kid with no arrows.

Comment

Drove for four hours before I realized I didn't have a lease

Comment

When I was 12 my Dad let me bowhunt for the first time by myself. My tree stand was 300yds from our back door. I had three arrows with me. Got in my stand and immediately dropped my first one to the ground. Hour later a doe comes by and i shoot about a foot over her back. She runs off and circles around to 15yds. I shoot again, way over her back. I’m out of arrows and she runs around and bumps a nice buck (for me at the time, probably 90” 8pt) right to me. He walks around between 10 and 30yds for 45 min and I didn’t have any arrows left. Guess it don’t matter because I would have shot a foot high but still sucked to sit there and have to watch him as a 12yr old kid with no arrows.

Comment

I went to the woods without toilet paper before and came back with one less sock. True story.

Comment

Working...
                              X