Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for a new vacuum sealer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    I was given a Food Saver when I was in college 20 years ago and it still works.
    This blows my mind. I am on my second one and it just craped out and don't even use it that much.

Comment

food saver

Got one about that time frame still works as new...Went thru many deer and hogs and big garden...

Bought another just like it at GS for $5 ..for spare parts..it works well too....

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        This blows my mind. I am on my second one and it just craped out and don't even use it that much.
        Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        Got one about that time frame still works as new...Went thru many deer and hogs and big garden...

Bought another just like it at GS for $5 ..for spare parts..it works well too....

I have a Foodsaver 5200 or 5300, I believe. I just got through doing two deer, and it works fine. Reasonably priced. If it craps out, I will simply buy another.

Comment

Recommendations for a new vacuum sealer.

I have a Vacmaster Pro 380. It is a great vacuum sealer. It will take up to 15” wide bags. I have 6”, 8”, 11”, and 15” roll bag material that I can cut off at whatever length I need with the built in bag cutter on the top of the unit. It is a regular vacuum type and not a chamber sealer. I use it nearly daily. I vacuum seal meats and such when I get critters, but also for resealing chip bags and such. I can keep a bag of potato chips fresh for months!!!! This one has adjustable seal time, so it works well on just about any type of bag except the flimsy bags like a loaf of bread comes in.

I built a special shelf for it in my pantry!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 11-25-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            yeah they are, but they are worth the money. I got one and will never have to buy another. I really like mine.
            After looking at the pictures of this sealer are you limited on size of meat you want to seal? In other words if I wanted to seal an entire brisket it would not fit under that lid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I have a Vacmaster Pro 380. It is a great vacuum sealer. It is a regular vacuum type and not a chamber sealer. I use it nearly daily. I vacuum seal meats and such when I get critters, but also for resealing chip bags and such. I can keep a bag of potato chips fresh for months!!!! This one has adjustable seal time, so it works well on just about any type of bag except the flimsy bags like a loaf of bread comes in.

I build a special shelfnfornitnimbmybpantry!

Bisch

Now we're talkin. I like that.

Comment

After looking at the pictures of this sealer are you limited on size of meat you want to seal? In other words if I wanted to seal an entire brisket it would not fit under that lid.

Not a large brisket I dont believe. I did though check and you can fit a full chicken in it. As a whole, the VP215 is a great until and I like ours quite a bit.

Comment

I ordered a Vacmaster Pro 350 that should be here tomorrow. I had been using a Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver for several years. It works okay, but it’s got a thin seal bar, and I was losing a lot of seals over time. Did a lot of research, and narrowed it down to the Vacmaster and a couple of Weston models. Both seemed to review favorably, but the Vacmaster seemed to give the most flexibility and features for the money. Both had dual piston pumps, both were fan cooled, and both had user serviceable parts readily available. Mine can take bags up to 11”, but both brands have 15” models as well. I’ve personally never used bags over 11”, so the upgrade wasn’t worth it to me. I paid $269 plus tax at the Webstaurant store, with free shipping. I’ve got an elk to package up, so I’ll be putting it through it’s paces in the next week or so.

Comment

I would recommend steering clear of the ones with the Automatic Bag detection where you stick the bag in the front. I have one which works ok, but it's a PITA sometimes to get the sensor to detect the bag, especially when you're down to the end of a roll and the bag is curled.

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
                      I ordered a Vacmaster Pro 350 that should be here tomorrow. I had been using a Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver for several years. It works okay, but it’s got a thin seal bar, and I was losing a lot of seals over time. Did a lot of research, and narrowed it down to the Vacmaster and a couple of Weston models. Both seemed to review favorably, but the Vacmaster seemed to give the most flexibility and features for the money. Both had dual piston pumps, both were fan cooled, and both had user serviceable parts readily available. Mine can take bags up to 11”, but both brands have 15” models as well. I’ve personally never used bags over 11”, so the upgrade wasn’t worth it to me. I paid $269 plus tax at the Webstaurant store, with free shipping. I’ve got an elk to package up, so I’ll be putting it through it’s paces in the next week or so.
                      I’m liking this.

Comment

Yeah, you are limited by the size of the compartment, but it is fairly good size...not a full brisket size though.

Comment

I’ve used several food saver brands and have had nothing but trouble! Bought a 12” Cabelas HD and it has been great. On sale now for $69.

Comment

Me and a buddy went in halves on a VacMaster 215. Its amazing! bags are 5 to 6 cents each depending on size and a retarded monkey can operate it. We put up 150 lbs of cold smoked sausage yesterday, 2 guys bagging and me running the machine. Over the course of +- 130 packages, I was behind 9 packages when they finished bagging. The machine never rested, and never faltered. Now I'm convinced that I need this machine at home as well as the shop.

Comment

I have had several foodsaver sealers and last year I bought an MAXVAC 1000 VACUUM SEALER. The wider seal does work alot better than the thin foodsaver seals and the LEM vacuums faster and stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                                I’ve used several food saver brands and have had nothing but trouble! Bought a 12” Cabelas HD and it has been great. On sale now for $69.
                                My second food saver is about 15 yrs old. Still works but I don't use it a whole lot. Worst thing about it is Ya have to go kinda slow or the heat strip will over heat and you won't get a good seal. Works OK for what I do.
                                Got an LEM catalog the other day and they had some nice lookin ones @ about 3x what I paid for the Walmart Foodsaver. Thinkin that might be my next sealer.

Comment

Working...
                                X