Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something does not seem right

I am just curious.

Seems like there are more and more 200 inch plus bucks being taken in areas that have never produced anywhere near this level of deer. I have seen 4-5 bucks in the last several weeks with crazy mass, points, etc. that were shot on LF properties (some very small). They were taken in areas of the Hill Country that have never come close to producing this caliber of bucks.

I have lived and hunted in the Hill Country for many years - these deer do not look anything close to what Hill Country bucks look like.

Could it be bucks escaping from HF ranches? I hate to be skeptical but it just does not add up to me.

Culling works......?

Comment

Culling and letting them get older have works for us but I believe that this may be a fluke year in the since that we shot on that grossed 30 points higher than any other seer we have shot

Something about all that rain I believed made the difference

Comment

Age, culling, rain, and protein do work!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s sumpn in the water....

Comment

Lotsa holes in breeder pens and high fence ranches...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand all the management believe me. Culling, feeding, etc. all improve the herd.

But on a small number of acres and 210-220 inch bucks being taken out of nowhere in areas that have never produced bucks even remotely close to those levels? One year of rain does not turn 150 bucks into 200 plus bucks IMO.

Comment

When it is over It is going to be a record year for antlers in the hill country..
                Not real sure why myself..

Comment

Promise its not culling, protein or anything else. Its nasty, inbred, bs genetics being introduced. I have 2500 acres bordering Inks Lake and all these **** high fence places that have ****ty fences have everything to do with it. I liked hunting out there but I hardly ever go now. I hate looking at other peoples Mark Mcguire deer. Rant over, Im old school.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    When it is over It is going to be a record year for antlers in the hill country..
                    Not real sure why myself..
                    and you would know as a taxidermist. I just know deer do not blow up everywhere in a year or two. Something is going on other than nature

Comment

It’s all in the skimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                        Promise its not culling, protein or anything else. Its nasty, inbred, bs genetics being introduced. I have 2500 acres bordering Inks Lake and all these **** high fence places that have ****ty fences have everything to do with it. I liked hunting out there but I hardly ever go now. I hate looking at other peoples Mark Mcguire deer. Rant over, Im old school.

I will hunt your place for ya pm me. I will get rid of all those genetically enhanced deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s all due to global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                            I will hunt your place for ya pm me. I will get rid of all those genetically enhanced deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Lmaooooo!!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Culling works......?

I’m sorry sir but it’s called skimming now...

Comment

Working...
                              X