Ever been to Greece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been to Greece?

Thinking about surprising the wife. I know nothing about Greece. Suggestions?

Greece

Definitely go during the spring, summer over there. the winters are brutal.
    I visited the Island of Crete over a few years time ( Navy ) and it was always a neat experience to see the culture and the lifestyle over there. Even though we were military, the older residents there always welcomed us and treated us very well.
    I do not know what it is like now, I have heard reports of more immigrants over in that region from Syria, and other countries, that have had some negative impacts on the small towns and cities, as they are being resettled in
    some type of refugee status. Same goes for Italy, and the Bosnia area.
    The city of Dubrovnik, Croatia is one that I hope to go back to . Very nice people and they always welcomed tourists.

Comment

Good tips. I meant to put in campfire forum! Whoops!

Comment

I've done Crete for a period of time working, even had a girlfriend come visit me out there. Was a great time in the few hours a day I would get off to go explore. I would recommend it, and look into whatever winery and olive oil tours you can do. As with any foreign country, try to keep your situational awareness up as to where your heading and the reactions around you. But overall it was a great place to wonder, lots of tourists.

Just watch out for the Raki drinks they serve as desert......

Comment

It’s on our list. We’ve done the Western Mediterranean and it’s amazing, I’ve always heard the Eastern side is even more so. Good luck! Let me know what you decide.

Get Rick Steves Travel Guides, he is the best. It’s made all our Europe’s Travels so much easier.

Comment

Working...
          X