Current political landscape is making my head explode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current political landscape is making my head explode

There is no political discourse anymore in Washington and free speech has gone out the window if you are a conservative. The men and women in Congress and the Senate are no longer there to do what we want them to do- what we elected them to do. Currently all the Democrats are interested in is finding some way to get Trump out of office and are working 24/7 to find a way to do it. Instead of finding a way to help the folks live their lives with as little intervention or barriers as possible, to help create a business environment so that they can thrive and expand to create more job opportunities, protect our country from foreign invaders, and keep up the infrastructure so that we can get from point A to point B they are too busy playing "gotcha". Compromise has become synonymous with "you won". It used to be "you got something I can live with and I got something you can live with" and everyone wins. Because politicians live in a bubble and generally don't have to live by many of the policies they enact they have lost touch with what the American people are dealing with everyday. Obamacare is the greatest thing, according to the Democrats, just needs a little tweeking... They are not the ones dealing with high premiums or high deductibles and shrinking medical options. This is the only way they should be involved in our health care- do away with regulations that hinder our ability to buy insurance from whomever, allow insurance companies to provide insurance coverage like ordering a meal at a restaurant- basic coverage for healthcare and add "alacarte" items such as OG/GYN coverage, coverage for children up to a certain age, etc.- allow folks with pre-existing conditions to join into high risk pools to help lower their costs, allow some subsidies for "proven" low income folks to help with their coverage, and address the high cost of prescription meds and hospital procedures. How long must I continue to pay for MRI technology.

We are a nation with borders, not just a piece of land between Mexico and Canada. Many argue that we are a nation of immigrants and we are but we have become a nation of refugees. Immigrants come here for a better life and want to assimilate into our culture- speak our language and obey our laws. Refugees come here as an escape and want to keep their language and in many respects live by their own laws. Look at the Muslim communities in Minnesota that want to live by Sharia law. Once we allow this to happen we have lost our identity as America. We have made it too easy for folks coming into our country to not have to assimilate.

And for God's sake, will someone please tell Trump to stop tweeting a reaction to every stupid thing that gets said which leads to more distractions. He was elected to office because he said he wanted to protect our borders- a wall isn't necessary or even feasible in many places, repeal and replace Obamacare, streamline our tax structure, and eliminate regulations that are strangling the growth of business to the point they leave the country. Period! Every day his focus should be on those items and remind every lawmaker that is why he was elected- if you aren't spending time on those items then promise to support the Republican candidate that will be opposing them in the next election and see if they want to work on what the American people want.

Rant over.

One more thing- every Senator or Congressperson that is elected to office regardless of if it is their first or fifty-first term must take and pass a course on the Constitution so that they will know what they were elected to uphold and follow. If you can't pass then the next highest voter getter of the party elected gets a chance. Maybe let Ted Cruz and Judge Andrew Napolitano teach it.

Comment

Man it's a pretty crazy time right now. The news is out of control. (Which most is liberal)
      I absolutely can't stand looking at any major news networks. Constant nonstop trump bashing.

Comment

I'm with ya, can't enjoy late night shows anymore either...

Comment

The Trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for Trump because I knew Hillary would be worse but I am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach Trump crowd in the hope that Pence would be a bit more rational.

Comment

The media is out of control for sure. Every story you see now is based on speculation and no fact. Then when it is discovered it was incorrect no one in the media says anything it just goes away and they are on to the next theory or speculation. I was watching a ton of news programs when the election happened up until recently but have had to tone it down by atl east 90 percent. There is nothing actively occurring based in actual fact that is being reported on in the last month or so. They need to boost their ratings so they make stuff up, Fox and the rest of em.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
              The Trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for Trump because I knew Hillary would be worse but I am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach Trump crowd in the hope that Pence would be a bit more rational.
              Really??....The last thing we need to do is turn this back over to ANY lifetime politician.. The politicians are the one and only problem. Both sides of the aisle are working on the same thing, undermine the President.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                Really??....The last thing we need to do is turn this back over to ANY lifetime politician.. The politicians are the one and only problem. Both sides of the aisle are working on the same thing, undermine the President.
                Oh, and people like Glenn Beck are also the problem... He and his organization are just a buncha high school girls.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                  We need to help Trump IMO. Force elected people to follow him instead of hurt him. Maybe some Pro Trump rallies would help.

Comment

Agree...or get pro trump peiple in elected spots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good discussion as the environment is downright toxic at this point. Total circus last week on capital hill, I can't imagine this week's vibe up there!! Valid points......following!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                        Compromise has become synonymous with "you won". It used to be "you got something I can live with and I got something you can live with" and everyone wins.
                        Careful, such talk of compromise is not taken kindly by partisans and liberal and conservative ideologues.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                          the trump bashing by the media is insane. And he adds to it instead of focusing on doing the right thing. I voted for trump because i knew hillary would be worse but i am very disappointed in him. Almost ready to join the impeach trump crowd in the hope that pence would be a bit more rational.
                          x2 ..

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                            Careful, such talk of compromise is not taken kindly by partisans and liberal and conservative ideologues.
                            Truth!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                              Man it's a pretty crazy time right now. The news is out of control. (Which most is liberal)
                              I absolutely can't stand looking at any major news networks. Constant nonstop trump bashing.
                              The kid gloves came off once he got elected. Which was predicted by most folks with a brain. The media likes to build people up and tear them down. They helped him get elected by giving him nonstop free coverage, every day for months and months. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

Working...
                              X