Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 11-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #1451
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I'll do a write up tomarrow, lesson learned that's for sure
Lol , Iíll be waiting for the write up
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM   #1452
Ksig512
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over this great state

Quote:
Yes let me tell you it was a looooooooooooooooong embarrassing, humiliatingly bad day, I took 2 first timers out and well, let's just say never again will I invite those 2 again, did I mention it was a looooooooooooooooong day
HAHAHAHAHA..... That was me that parked across from you. I had to run in and get a pump to refill my outboard lower unit. It looked like yall were just hanging out in the parking lot like high school kids trying to decide where to go. I was the one that said "You should get into the stand before it gets light"
Ksig512 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #1453
Harry
Ten Point

Hunt In: SHNF

^^^^lol I figured that was you, when you asked about the TitanTitan
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #1454
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'll do a write up tomarrow, lesson learned that's for sure
Cool. Iíll be looking forward to it.
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #1455
NF HUNTER
Ten Point

Harry no rush, But were still waiting....
NF HUNTER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #1456
Harry
Ten Point

Well here it goes, take it easy on me guys....

Well earlier in the week I invited a very good friend to go hunting with me. Then he texted me what he needed (as in licenses) I told him 1. Get your license 2. AHP 3. Pay $10 hunters saftey, I get a call Friday afternoon, he's at Academy, I remind him of what he needs, we'll Saturday morning at 4:30, I say you got the your climber he says yeah, it's a hang on stand with no sticks (no wonder he got a good deal). I take my pop up not ideal but we'll manage, we leave my house, and they want food so we stop ( I fast while hunting) passing up Conroe I say yall got yall licenses taken care of, he said "yes but they didn't ask me about the $10 thing" I'm like crap so we stop at Conroe Walmart to buy it, and of coarse they don't have anyone to do it at the time, we have to wait till 7AM, now I'm pist but still hold my composure. We wait till 7 and get it done, we leave and hit the woods and settle in at about 9:30, not even 30 min and they are giggling like school girls, I text them to cut it out and they say it's not them. "They heard hog" and that was the noise, so at 11 I decided on getting out and moving all together, we get out and snack at the truck (they eat all my jerky).......... we get to the new spot and get settled in at about 2pm and sit............ and the giggling starts over again I've about had it when some guy comes in with buckets and fills them up in the pond behind where we were hunting, so at that point I call it a day........... looooooooooooooooong ride home and I'm pist, but happy to be home with my family..... Lesson learned DON'T INVITE NEW GUYS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Harry; Yesterday at 05:23 PM..
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #1457
NF HUNTER
Ten Point

Pretty funny story Harry. I don't actually take new guys hunting, but I do help them find an area to hunt. It's all up to them after that.
NF HUNTER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #1458
Harry
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NF HUNTER View Post
Pretty funny story Harry. I don't actually take new guys hunting, but I do help them find an area to hunt. It's all up to them after that.
One of them is family, he was the only one I could get out in the forest last year at 5 in the morning with a tow truck, while it was pouring hard rain, was the least I could do
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #1459
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
One of them is family, he was the only one I could get out in the forest last year at 5 in the morning with a tow truck, while it was pouring hard rain, was the least I could do
Thatís understandable, but I am wondering about the guys with the buckets? You think he may be baiting/ watering his stuff heís planted or drugs . Huh
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #1460
Harry
Ten Point

^^^^ not sure it was weird for sure
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #1461
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

LOL That sucks.
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top