Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Very inspiring post GarGuy....thanks for that. I bet you got plenty of years to live as well.....Just Live. Ahhh, I like the ring to that. Might get myself a t-shirt made with that slogan.

Looks like y'all had an outstanding morning and can't wait to see what else y'all find. If you need any help on 'Just Living', give me a holler!

Good luck to y'all. Can't wait to see that big scotty pop up on that screen.
    Several of those Scotties popped up in my test digs there. One about 5.5 inches long made of jasper. Also an exhausted Andice and three or four Andice barbs. Just a matter of time... Thats why we are going to dig every inch of it instead of jumping in the middle. Dang, I want to jump in the good stuff first!

Comment

Very cool and great testimony. I have never dug or looked really even though living on a history rich area and farm....Wouldnt know where to begin, but I like the idea of finding history buried!

Comment

Oh yeah Johnny..... Maybe I do have plenty more years. maybe I dont. I can tell you i have lived more in the last ten years than most folks will ever live in a lifetime. If I am blessed with tomorrow, Im ready for it with a plan. If I dont have tomorrow, Im ready to go! Dieing is easy. I have done it before. Its the getting there that sucks. Death has no sting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Good luck with the excavation. Always an interesting ordeal. My uncle in Louisiana unearthed at the time the largest known Tunica burial grounds in Louisiana. Once he unearthed everything the land owners said he never had permission to dig and years of work was taken from him. Tons of artifacts were seized and hauled away. Funny thing was.... They never had any problem with him being on the property until they realized he wasn't some old nut they thought was crazy when he told them he had foind what others had been searching for over a long period of time.
          Thats why I bought this site.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Its kinda hard to say what I do for a living..... I guide and outfit some. Monster gar and alligators. Made the best selling bowfishing video in history (LET EM ROLL) and then a sequel STILL ROLLIN. Run a airboat with a 750hp 572 to do environmental work. Do a few deer hunts and hog hunts. Dabble in the oil industry, Hunt indian artifacts......etc.

I guess you could just say I LIVE for a living. I will share a little. I worked a very high profile job for years. Managed hundreds of direct employees (735) at my last site. Worked 100plus hour weeks on AVERAGE! Got sick and doc told I was a dead man. I actually did die several times. They called all my family in and told me by. Thats when it hit me that i had worked all these years with all these dreams and now I was not going to get to do any of it.

I gave it all to GOD that day and immediately started improving even though the Dr said i never would. That was 13 years ago this week. I made a list of major things I wanted to do. Seven things some of which are very private. A major excavation was one of them, The other six are done, this is the last and Im blessd that GOD allows me to get up every day and live my dreams.

Its important to realize that every day you have is one you arent promised. Live life! Thats all I can say without getting too sappy.

Steve

This may be one of the most inspiring things I have ever read on the GS. Thank you sir

Comment

Its kinda hard to say what I do for a living..... I guide and outfit some. Monster gar and alligators. Made the best selling bowfishing video in history (LET EM ROLL) and then a sequel STILL ROLLIN. Run a airboat with a 750hp 572 to do environmental work. Do a few deer hunts and hog hunts. Dabble in the oil industry, Hunt indian artifacts......etc.

I guess you could just say I LIVE for a living. I will share a little. I worked a very high profile job for years. Managed hundreds of direct employees (735) at my last site. Worked 100plus hour weeks on AVERAGE! Got sick and doc told I was a dead man. I actually did die several times. They called all my family in and told me by. Thats when it hit me that i had worked all these years with all these dreams and now I was not going to get to do any of it.

I gave it all to GOD that day and immediately started improving even though the Dr said i never would. That was 13 years ago this week. I made a list of major things I wanted to do. Seven things some of which are very private. A major excavation was one of them, The other six are done, this is the last and Im blessd that GOD allows me to get up every day and live my dreams.

Its important to realize that every day you have is one you arent promised. Live life! Thats all I can say without getting too sappy.

Steve

wow....awesome, God is doing some cool stuff with you, glad I got to hear about it.

Comment

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

This is why you are VERY smart for buying the site.
                Leonard is my mom's brother. Always had a tad shady-ness to him
                Congrats on the nice find.

Comment

Was this a known site or something you went out and searched for. I would love to do the same thing. I loved archaeology since I was a kid and took it as my electives in college. Talk about boring. I like your approach much better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                    Was this a known site or something you went out and searched for. I would love to do the same thing. I loved archaeology since I was a kid and took it as my electives in college. Talk about boring. I like your approach much better!!!
                    I have known this site for years. It certainly isnt the BEST site i hunt but it is close to home and really good soil to sift. I have at least a hundred sites that i look. When i drive down the road i look out the window and see indian sites everywhere i go!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Hope you are blessed on your dig as I am sure you will be, and thanks for your awesome testamony.

Comment

About how deep does it appear to have been active??????

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                            About how deep does it appear to have been active??????
                            Great question! When I bought it, I thought it was about 2ft deep. It turned out to be 7 ft deep on the side of the hill next to the creek. Of course, the oldest stuff is deep.

Comment

Awesome stuff, what I'd give to know the stories behind those things.

Kind of funny to think about a bunch of Native Americans just walking around dropping arrowheads all over the place.

Comment

Great question! When I bought it, I thought it was about 2ft deep. It turned out to be 7 ft deep on the side of the hill next to the creek. Of course, the oldest stuff is deep.
                                Wow that camp is going to be a gajillion years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X