deer decoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer decoy

Any reason not to put a 3d foam practice deer on double duty as a decoy too? Anyone have experiance doing this? I am wondering how picky or attentive to detail your average whitetail is the first time he walks up on one would be.

I've never tried it but the whitetails at my place tear up my targets during the rut for sure, now I just use hog targets

Comment

I tried it once, didnt work that time, but another hunters 12 yo son made a good shot on it...... LOL

Comment

I tried it once and put corn around and under it, no deer came around during the day but the next morning the corn was gone.

Comment

I tryed it

I tried it a couple of years ago and had a little 4-point walk within about 20 yards of it before seeing it. Once he spotted it, he made a half circle around it, trying to check it out and then went the other way. Haven't tried it again but i probably will, just to see what happens. I say go for it.

Comment

I think the biggest problem you might have from using a foam deer target is getting rid of all your scent.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              I think the biggest problem you might have from using a foam deer target is getting rid of all your scent.
              Agreed. If you give it a good wash and then use some buck/doe scent, it'd probably work pretty well.

Comment

worth a try

Comment

Working...
                X