Backcountry Solar Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backcountry Solar Chargers

What are some of the better solar chargers to use in the backcountry for charging a phone mostly? Weight and size being very important.

Dark Energy Poseidon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      Dark Energy Poseidon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      It that one solar?

Comment

Dark Energy Posieden is a battery back that usually gives phone 3-4 charges. I have one of those, works awesome, but not solar.

For a solar panel, I have a 10 watt Renogy solar panel. I have only tried it in Texas, and the sun is strong enough. Not taking any chances out west, and bringing 3 of those renogy battery backups.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          It that one solar?
          Sorry, I didn't read the solar part.

Comment

I usually have 1 or two Anker batteries with me. I also use one of those foldable backpack solar panels if I have to charge it, similar to these https://www.amazon.com/ACOPOWER-Char...dable+backpack

Comment

Maybe I don't know what I want. I'm looking for the best way to charge my phone during a week long hunt at night so I can use it during the day. If I have the solar panel charger would I have to charge during the day or does it store the power so it can be used at night?

Comment

I think only during the day, I would just bring some Anker batteries

Comment

Use the solar to charge the anker batteries during the day and the anker batteries to charge your phone at night or on the trail.

Comment

I used a Goal Zero this year. Works really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigt338 View Post
                      I used a Goal Zero this year. Works really good.
                      Which size did you use?? I have the goal zero 50 but end up truck camping versus backpack camping so I did not use it. I would charge my phone on the truck.

To the OP, just be aware of a few things with your phone:

in airplane mode your phone will use very little battery throughout an entire day

If you plan on using it as a GPS and it will be your primary means of navigation your phone will suck down the battery quick.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        Maybe I don't know what I want. I'm looking for the best way to charge my phone during a week long hunt at night so I can use it during the day. If I have the solar panel charger would I have to charge during the day or does it store the power so it can be used at night?
                        Any chance you use Milwaukee 18v power tools already? If so, they make a battery adapter that will allow you to plug in a USB charger to the battery. The smaller batteries are good for 4-5 charges, and the larger batteries are good for much more. I’ve been a big fan of them.

Comment

I used this kit for my backcountry elk hunt. You charge the power bank during the day with the solar charger and then your phone at night with the power bank.

Experience the power of Goal Zero by improving your lifestyle with our portable power stations, solar generators, solar panels, power banks, and home energy storage solutions.

Comment

Saolae

Buy 3 poisidon batteries. Leave one at camp. Charge one during the day with a regular usb solar panel

Bring the other two
                            Try to charge those with a solar panel during your breaks and lunch

Comment

Working...
                            X