New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    Giant sets today to make up for missing yesterday. Heavy 5X5 or more if I could get it.

Reverse grip bench/Pullups (bodyweight)/dumbbell curl
    Plank rows (smith machine)/hammer curl bar/incline dumbbell press
    Over head cable curls and a couple of other lifts I can't even tell you what they are called. I just do them, lol!
    Finished off with the ab roller and med ball situps.

What's everyone eating pre-workout and post workout?
    I workout fasted 90% of the time. Only pre-workout is Hyde. Post workout, I’m on Keto, usually is avocado, sausage and macadamia nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      I workout fasted 90% of the time. Only pre-workout is Hyde. Post workout, I’m on Keto, usually is avocado, sausage and macadamia nuts.
      No coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        No coffee?
        Hyde has 419 mg of caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          Hyde has 419 mg of caffeine.
          Gotcha. I used to workout while fasting and just got to where I didnt have the stamina to get through all 1.5-2 hours of it. I started taking the preworkout which is basically 100mg of caffeine taken from tea and it has made a big difference in my ability to get through the workout properly. Ive never been a caffeine guy so it does give me a boost.
          Last edited by rtp; 02-09-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Gotcha. I used to workout while fasting and just got to where I didnt have the stamina to get through all 1.5-2 hours of it. I started taking the preworkout which is basically 200mg or caffeine taken from tea and it has made a big difference in my ability to get through the workout properly. Ive never been a caffeine guy so it does give me a boost.
            I really heavily on stims. It takes me to long to get moving and I don’t have enough time in my day for that. The caffeine in Hyde os actually 420 mg. 300 quick release and 120 mg slow release for a continuous ride without a crash.

Comment

Warm up, back and tricep SS and followed with calf exercises. 10 minutes on the rower and 12 minutes of stretching. Legs tomorrow and then 2 days off.

Comment

I usually eat little something before workout. Coffee, banana, or maybe toasted English muffin with some honey. Pre-workout is Nitraflex, but I've cycled off of that for awhile. Thinking about trying Pre-Jym, but it's a little more expensive the Nitraflex.

Post workout is usually scrambled eggs in the microwave with a little turkey pastrami added in.
                Last edited by SabreKiller; 02-09-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I never take off, at least for the last two decades. It needs to become a life style, honestly, if one wants it to work. I do it for quality of life: I want to continue hunting and dragging large bucks out of the woods late into my life.

Comment

I typically don't eat anything before my workout.
                    I do IF most days and try to eat a big (1000 Cal plus) lunch around 12, then I typically start my workout somewhere between 4-5:30.

Yesterday was shoulders for me-
                    Shoulder Press - 11 total sets
                    Side Dumbell Raises - 4 sets
                    Dumbell Seated Press - 4 sets
                    Burnout - 50 Reps @15# of front dumbell raises

Swim 5 laps.

I wanted to swim more, but my back was starting to hurt so I called it a day.

Comment

Today's workout was more like what I was hoping this whole program would be. I really wasn't looking for a program with this much cardio, but I couldn't find any kind of schedule online and all the YouTube videos are more weight training than cardio. Hopefully it will continue this way since the intro block is over.
                      DB deadlifts. 3 sets of 15.
                      DB clean and press. 3 sets of 12.
                      Tubing squat to standing rows. 3 sets of 10.
                      Diamond cutter push-ups. 3 sets to failure.
                      DB alternating neutral grip bench press. 3 sets of 12 each arm.
                      Tubing eccentric step aways. 2 sets of 10 each arm.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoulders and abs along with never ending jump ropes

DB Shoulder Press & Bar leg raises
                        BB military press & Mch crunches
                        Arnold press & Decline weighted Russian twist
                        BB front raise & decline obliques
                        Facepulls & planks
                        Side raises and Landmines
                        DB shrugs & scissors
                        Smith Mch rows & plate obliques
                        Mch Shoulder Press & ab coaster
                        Shoulder flys & Mch ab twist

Everything was pyramided and heavyyyyy with a drop set. Shoulders are freaking fried.

Warm up was 400 jump ropes and before every exercise and after the 2nd set of every exercise was 75-100 jump ropes to keep the heart rate up.

So probably knocked out 1750-2000 jump ropes total today.

Cardio with the long jog tomorrow unless the rain says anything about it

Comment

Shoulder day.

After warm up
                          Clean and OHP 10x2
                          Clean pulls 5x3 with last set added on 10 shrugs at the end
                          DB lateral raises 4x10
                          Face Pulls 3x15

Planks 3x30 seconds. Abs started cramping after the last set. This seems to be a recurring issue for me. I'm going to have to figure out what is up.

Finished off with 10 min stroll on the treadmill to cool down.

Edit...tomorrow is an off day, aka cardio and rotator cuff and sauna.

Comment

12 minute treadmill warmup then All of these minus the calf raises.

My left calf feels like it has a broadhead in it.

Did 3x12 on almost everything. First time doing a few of these.

Comment

Said screw cardio and did legs first thing this AM

And then decided to mix 75-100 jump ropes between almost ever set...

Warm up 400 jump ropes

BB squats
                              Deadlifts
                              Smith Mch squats
                              Leg press
                              Single leg leg press
                              Leg ext SS with leg curls
                              45 pound plate Hyperextensions SS with Weight wall sits
                              Walking lunges

Finished with 250 jump ropes

Everything was 4x10 or half pyramid with 2 drop sets

Probably did 3000-3500 jump ropes. Had to stop 3-4 times thinking I was finally going to hurl lol

Comment

Said screw cardio and did legs first thing this AM

And then decided to mix 75-100 jump ropes between almost ever set...

Warm up 400 jump ropes

BB squats
                                Deadlifts
                                Smith Mch squats
                                Leg press
                                Single leg leg press
                                Leg ext SS with leg curls
                                45 pound plate Hyperextensions SS with Weight wall sits
                                Walking lunges

Finished with 250 jump ropes

Everything was 4x10 or half pyramid with 2 drop sets

Probably did 3000-3500 jump ropes. Had to stop 3-4 times thinking I was finally going to hurl lol

Comment

Working...
                                X