Dfw area Sandbasss run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dfw area Sandbasss run?

Where do the sand bass make good runs in the Fort Worth area? I grew up fishing the Brazos in the headwaters of like Whitney but live in Watauga now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denton creek at Lake Grapevine and Hickory creek on Lewisville. Denton creek has been on fire lately West of 377.

Comment

Originally posted by capt341 View Post
      Denton creek at Lake Grapevine and Hickory creek on Lewisville. Denton creek has been on fire lately West of 377.

Where do you park? By the bridge? Thanks

Comment

I have been hitting rowlett creek

Comment

I have been parking at the end of Al Slaughter Rd. in Roanoke.

Comment

Muddy creek has been good on minnows.
            Last edited by PublicLandFreaks; 04-06-2017, 10:47 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Rowlett Creek has been stupid lately, lots of undersized hybrids and limits of sandbass each outing. Might try and hit it sunday morning if I feel like fighting crowds. Been gearing more towards the crappie spawn on the lake though, used to go limit every day at rowlett creek, pecan creek, muddy creek and denton creek but it got old quick. Almost made fishing boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                Rowlett Creek has been stupid lately, lots of undersized hybrids and limits of sandbass each outing. Might try and hit it sunday morning if I feel like fighting crowds. Been gearing more towards the crappie spawn on the lake though, used to go limit every day at rowlett creek, pecan creek, muddy creek and denton creek but it got old quick. Almost made fishing boring.

What do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  tough problem to have

Comment

i've never fished up rowlette creek, how far upstream do you need to be this time of year to catch them? I may try in the morning up there if i can get away

Comment

Park at firewheel bridge and walk down to the creek, fish any where you see a dark pocket of water. With the rain flooding the creek last weekend there is fish in every single pocket. I use a small crappie jig or fluke under a bobber and twitch it back most of the time, also use rooster tails and x raps. I also will use live shad if I get to fish in the mornings purely to catch hybrids. They're in the creeks for sure right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

i went out yesterday morning to firewheel and caught a total of 5 keeper whites between myself and another guy. spend over 3 hours pitching lures and walked a few miles. was fun but didnt kill them by any means.

Comment

That sure is a big funny look-n crappie on the left in that last pic Dan. Got his stripes run-n the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by capt341 View Post

We caught them pretty good a couple weeks ago. They are still running? I was wondering if the rain would keep them up in there

Comment

I caught 16 Friday afternoon and 17 Saturday morning. Only a couple females. Nothing big

Comment

Working...
                              X