Elephant Mountain PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephant Mountain PH

Has anyone hunted this area? Are there ever any deer or sheep hunting allowed? It seems on the website it says no deer for this area?

Thanks,
    HD

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
    Has anyone hunted this area? Are there ever any deer or sheep hunting allowed? It seems on the website it says no deer for this area?

Thanks,
    HD
    Deer hunts are draw only I believe

Comment

I put in every year. Have yet to draw. Low success rate due to distance and terrain.
      There are mule deer and maybe a whitetail or two. Javi's and mountain sheep that they released some years back.

Comment

Hunts for big game are draw only like the others said.

Comment

Thank you for the info guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've hunted there, no whitetails in the area, or that's what the biologists said. We went in a drought year, so horns wh we really not huge, but th we talked usually are. Sheep hunting is a lifetime hunt, not just a simple.draw hunt. The sheep are on the main plateau and you hunt the surrounding hills. Both me and my hunting partner both connected on bucks. You could walk up to the javis and literally pic them up, they weren't allowed to be shot on out hunt. Terrain is semi rough with some nice steep hillside and canyons. Beautiful country.. I learned on that hunt the success rate has nothing to do with the quality of the hunt but the hunters. We had a couple that hunted one day of the 3 day hunt, and anouther gentleman that left after he shot a deer but couldn't recover it. I think.he left on the second day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
              I've hunted there, no whitetails in the area, or that's what the biologists said. We went in a drought year, so horns where really not huge, but they usually are. Sheep hunting is a big game hunt, not just a simple.draw hunt. The sheep are on the main plateau and you hunt the surrounding hills. Both me and my hunting partner both connected on bucks. You could walk up to the javis and literally pic them up, they weren't allowed to be shot on out hunt. Terrain is semi rough with some nice steep hillside and canyons. Beautiful country.. I learned on that hunt the success rate has nothing to do with the quality of the hunt but the hunters. We had a couple that hunted one day of the 3 day hunt, and anouther gentleman that left after he shot a deer but couldn't recover it. I think.he left on the second day.

Comment

I hunted there last year during the first archery hunt and yes deer is all draw. Saw plenty of deer including half a dozen whitetails. I shot a little buck on the third day and had a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X