Hunter Orange??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Orange??

Would this shirt meet the requirements for wearing blaze orange?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well, technically blaze is a certain spectrum of orange. It can't just be any orange... it has to be that orange that practically vibrates.

That doesn't look like blaze orange to me... but it is hard to tell with a picture.

I am not 100% certain, but I was pretty sure the camo orage (usually black, not different shades of other orange) is not allowed on public lands that require it. I need to look up the regs again.

BTW, I just stick with the dinky little vests... a lot easier to use when you are putting on/taking off layers. And... you only need one (or two to put in the truck) for your entire selection of wardrobe.

Comment

^^^^

Just get a dinky vest and put it over existing clothes. Buy it big enough to wear over any clothes you might wear it with.

Comment

We have to wear hunter orange in Arkansas. Just my .02 get you a vest with some pockets.

Comment

I'll get a vest. It just seems for color blind animals orange camo could serve both as concealment and visibility for other hunters, unless they are color blind too.

Comment

that is not hunters blaze orange.

Comment

TPWD does not have a definition of hunters orange. Just says you have to wear a 144 inches of it and headwear. Go to dictionary.com and it says "a very bright orange, as on a traffic cone". I'd say that's a very bright orange shirt. I'm pretty sure he can get away with it. Depends on what kind of day the game warden is having that day. Either way, you could fight it in court.

Comment

"No hunter orange is required while hunting on private property, but it is recommended. Public hunting lands require 400 square inches of daylight florescent orange with 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back, and daylight florescent orange headwear must be worn. " from TPWD.

Honestly it would probably just come down to whether that particular game warden is an *** or not.

Comment

I know that in the SHNF, blaze camo vests are not allowed but blaze camo caps are.

Comment

To the OP - I hope it does as I commonly wear one of those blaze orange and black "camouflage" vests and hats. BTW - I saw a show on TV on one of the hunting channels recently and the presenter was a game biologist from one of the Western States (Montana, Wyoming, etc.). He provided a good presentation and said that current scientific studies showed deer are not totally color blind, and said they could see certain shades of blue. Thus, those that wear camo tops and blue jean pants can be seen by the deer. He also said that they were asked to conduct studies to see what the most effective color for safety in the woods was, and their studies showed a fluorescent "hot-pink" was actually the most effective color. He also said that they were having enough trouble getting hunters to wear orange, so they decided not to forward a recommendation to change the color requirement.

Be safe.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Hot pink vs orange. Let the rumblings begin

Comment

My son one time wore his bright orange hoodie to a state drawn hunt. I had the vest as a backup, but Game Warden said the hoodie was good. Not sure about the shirt, I would just ask the Game Warden in the area you will be hunting. I wear a blaze orange camo cap all the time, even on private land. Don't want to be shot walking back to camp.

I always spend a couple of extra dollar on the fabric orange vest. The cheap plastic ones make too much noise.

Comment

I do a lot of public hunting and I found an upland game bird vest with ton of pockets and the game bird holder on the back. You can carry a ton of stuff with you and have it in handy accessible pockets and nothing rattles or bangs up against anything else. I've found this to be very handy, blaze orange of course!

Comment

I had a game warden tell me my upland game vest was not good enough. It just depends on who you talk to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                              I do a lot of public hunting and I found an upland game bird vest with ton of pockets and the game bird holder on the back. You can carry a ton of stuff with you and have it in handy accessible pockets and nothing rattles or bangs up against anything else. I've found this to be very handy, blaze orange of course!
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X