duck boat blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duck boat blind

just wanting to know if anybody has an easy design for a boat blind just bought a boat im wanting to build a blind on looking for different ideas thanks for any ideas

goto.....

the boats blinds and gadgets forum @ www.refugeforums.com and do a search for scissor blind.

I have built a couple and they turned out nice.

Comment

I have built several blinds for boats, some of the pics and info are in the following link. If you don't have the time to build one and hunt the lower coast it will be hard to beat MudBuddy's Fastgrass blind. Good luck

Comment

boat blind

I have built a few just out of rod holders, pvc pipe w/ t joints, rope, and sheets of fast grass. minus the sheets of grass, maybe had 15.00 in it all together.

This one was on a 15' Boston Whaler. will try to find some of the better pics of it
        Last year I built one on a 15' skiff that i had that was better. Have to look around for the pics for that one also.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few pics of the other boat that i hunted out of last year. Not complete in these but you can get the basic idea. Worked great and the best part was that it was VERY CHEAP to construct. And once i would get to where i was going to hunt would just add some tree branches or whatever was around.
          Attached Files

Comment

Over the years I have used condiut, plastic tubing, square alum tubing and wood.

Here is what I have found works best!

If you are going to remove the blind and use the boat for something other than waterfowl use square alum tubing. Weld it together. You can drill holes and bolt it to the sides of the boat and put longe legs from the top of the blind to the floor of the boat and attach it to the floor. Easily removed and the sides can made out of plywood.

Permanent blind: I have an A frame blind on my duck boat. Used 2X4 framing on each side. Use plywood for the sides, securing it to the frame and hang the plywood so it is just at the top of the boat rail.

Both blinds above we have doors that swing in on the front and back which allows you to decrease drag going down the road. Equally this allows easy pick up of decoys. We also created a bench down the sides that is hinged allowing us to have sides inside the boat making pockets to put all the duck and goose decoys.

On the outside of the blind we used hog wire fence, really lite fencing. Cut tree brush and ziptie it to the blind, seems to fit in anywhere we hunt from timber to mud flats and everything in between. I will try to get pics of two boats, mine and a friends as it is time to get them out blow dust out of the carbs and get them ready for a trip to Iowa and northern Illinois.

Alum is great and cost is higher than wood. I prefer wood in case I decide to change the design but so far the A frame design beats all others and we have built alot of designs over the years.

One last thing Beavertail and Avery blinds are nice and easy but we have not had alot of success with them. We tried them and scrapped them, too many birds flared off of them compared to any other blind we have used.

Another effective blind was on a canoe, we simply cut lattice work about 18" and attached to the sides at an angle. Broke up our pattern pretty well and we hid in the edge of lilly pads when it was warm out. Worked great.

Comment

Working...
            X