Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange request - Is there anyone around Garland who could pick up a dog for me today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange request - Is there anyone around Garland who could pick up a dog for me today

I'm trying to rescue this lab from the shelter in Garland but there is no way I can get there before they close at 6:00. His time is up so I can't trust them to hold him until morning.

I have a place for him to stay tonight so I can pick him up tomorrow, but they can't get there by 6 either. Is there anyone close to Garland willing to just get him out of the shelter? There is no cost to you and they will take him off your hands tonight.

I try not to ask for things for myself and I'm not one of those crazy dog rescue people but something just told me I need to try to bust this boy off of death row.

Any help out there?

Bump for saving the dog

Comment

Sorry for the piz size but tapatalk and all...

Comment

Save the dog! Bump for you.

Comment

Anyone in Garland? Come on, help out.

Comment

Oh come on someone.. bump

Comment

Where is the shelter in Garland?

Comment

Are you telling me the shelter won't work with you on this for ONE more day? Seems kinda strange to me...most of those places are more than willing to help if it will save a dog.

I'm heading out of town or I would help myself.

Comment

Wish I was close to that area, good looking pup. Its a shame they cant guarantee him one more night for you.

Have you tried talking with the supervisor to see if they will do anything for you?

Comment

Save Fido! Bump

Comment

bump!!

Comment

They say they will hold him, but I had friends adopt 2 dogs (litter mates) and the shelter put them down overnight, so I just don't trust them. This shelter put down over 300 dogs last month alone.

I know I'm starting to sound like one of those ladies that post the crazy dog rescue posts on your Facebook, but I initially was told they close at 9:00 and did a little research when I realized I couldn't make it by closing time.

If it can't happen it can't , but I needed to try.
                        Last edited by BQ93; 12-03-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Send me some details and I will try and help

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

DANG, I'm in Houston and wish I could get up there to help out.

Bump for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X