Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i could figure out how to post a pic,, i would..lol

Comment

what do yall think tree stand or blind,im still leaning toward tree stand but i got a little pop up you can set in a minute

Comment

No action yet in somerville?! C'mon guys and gals post something, sittin in my front yard watchin rain come on, would rarher be out there with yall.

Comment

i went out to look around a little,and man its far for me.
          ill prob put up a stand this week and hunt this weekend,im gonna just stay out there

Comment

Hunted this morning and didn't see anything...... Saw slot of people and waked right by a pop up blind set up on the road u drive in on!!!!!! Lol silly people. No one saw anything from what I gathered from people. I sat till 1 o'clock and man it was hot!!!!

Yeah union prolly a treestand would be best. But trees to hang in a few and far between if u are not familiar with hangin sets!!

Wish all the best of luck to everyone

Comment

I hunted in the blind from sunrise till 9:30. Didn't see a **** thing. Stalked till 1:30 and closed from 75 to 45 yrds on two doe and two fawns, but they worked into heavy cover before I could get to 30. Saw what I thought was a buck on the way out. Only caught a brief glimpse as it ran by in the woods as I was sitting in the shade on the road trying to not get heat stroke. Went to Giddings to restock on fluids and decided to put up a stand close to 430 where the PHL is split. Had a doe run right up to me while I was setting up. Passed on a fawn at 20 a bit later. Then got soaked, dried, and soaked again before calling it quits.

Comment

thanks duck thats what i figured,ill prob set up this week so i dont bug nobody on the weekend

Comment

plus its still hot out,itll get better once we get a cool front

Comment

looks like i'll be trying to sneak up there next week sometime. good luck to yall

Comment

Should cool off a little ..from all the rain,, course by noon itll be africa hot everyday,

Comment

jk, sounds like you had an eventful day.

I won't get out there until Friday. Too many other priorities for me this weekend. Sat near home this evening, and watched two 8-pts. feed for 1/2 hour about 30 yards away, but with a recurve, that's about 10 yards out of my range. So I just enjoyed watching them until dark.

Hope to have some cool weather this weekend. That should get them moving.

4dog, welcome. Best advice I can give you is get out there and find some sign and set up on it. There are places where the underbrush (yaupon) is so thick that you could literally just sit on a stool in camo and probably get a shot opportunity if you're lucky, and they choose that trail.

What makes S'ville so tough is that the deer have SO many options for travel. Thick brush and lots of brush on the adjacent private lands just give them too many options and they use them all! You can sit on good sign for a week, and they will choose that trail one day out of that whole week. The other six days, they take six other trails. So it's a game of LOTS of patience.

Esp. when it's as dry as it is out there. All the food is on the private lands right now. Not the public area. So the best we can expect is to see one slipping through, or to find a good bedding area and be there before they are.

Good luck to ya!

Comment

I moved up to the Bellville area about 4 months ago, and was hoping to be able to scout Somerville and do a little hunting when I don't have time to drive to the lease. But alas, we had a wedding scheduled here at the farm for opening weekend and I never had a chance to scout. After season, I'm planning to get out and check out the area and try to stay on top of it till next season. I'll hunt here at the house when I can't get to the lease. Best of luck to everyone this year! Hope to see some LDP's soon

Comment

Limbwalker , this is gonna sound odd,, but where were you on the 4th this year,, i met a guy at the fireworks at Welch park, and was curious if you were him, if not thats cool,, like i said, just curious..lol

Comment

Nope. Wasn't me.

Comment

Its all good,, its also way too quiet here,, no luck for anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X