Angelina National Forest Opening Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelina National Forest Opening Week

I was thinking about trying my luck around Sam Rayburn in the Angelina National Forest. Anyone had any luck in that area? I'd love to see a monster but at this point I just want to get anything!

Thanks!

pepper, my family owns a lake house on the southeast side of rayburn and yes there are some BIG deer in those woods, i've hunted em before but not as diligently as I should......kinda hard when I got 3-5 buddies at the cabin drinkin and carryin on and only 1-2 of em hunts but I do make it out there a couple times a year and yes there are some bruisers walkin around

Comment

Have been seeing deer in parts of it just about every weekend when I go to check cameras on the lease.

Comment

Boykin Springs area has quite a few deer.

Comment

Thanks guys! Been hearing that I need to check it out from a buddy at work. Just trying to verify what he's said. Sound promising!

Comment

Certain areas will be better than others as far as genetics go... There's a chunk of public around where we hunt that I never see anyone hunting, but there's really big (for the area) deer in that area.

Comment

is that a bow only area?

Comment

and is there camping there?

Comment

no & sorta where I'm talking about. Camping spots would be around 2 park/boat ramps...one of which should have camper hook-ups & cabins...the closest only having primitive camping. (10m drive vs. 2m difference)

Comment

ok thanks d e smith! i live in conroe and just trying to find a good place to go for a couple of days...

Comment

Originally posted by smithnwesson View Post
                      ok thanks d e smith! i live in conroe and just trying to find a good place to go for a couple of days...
                      My advatar was taken on camara in the middle of september at the dead road going past auldridge saw mill. You drive thru sherwood huntin club back into angelina past auldridge.Here is the gps location hunt any where close to that maybe you will get lucky. 310129.77N 941611.08W He was there then I dont know about now.

Comment

I had a camera up on a trail I put out last weekend. Brother-n-law checked it today and it was stolen. Awesome feeling.

Comment

[QUOTE=thechesters420;5997661]I had a camera up on a trail I put out last weekend. Brother-n-law checked it today and it was stolen. Awesome feeling.[/
                          That sucks man! Sorry to hear that!

Comment

They didn't get them both and I got some good video of a nice buck...Had to be a local in our neighborhood since it happened in the middle of the week. I am heading up Thursday night hopefully something is moving.

Comment

Hello guys, I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Mike. I am new to the website and this thread caught my eye because I also hunt the same area. I live in Porter on the north side of Houston but I get out to that area every chance I get. This is my 2nd season to bow hunt and I have yet to bag my first deer with my bow but I did get a Hog 2 weeks ago. I have taken a nice buck off of public land each of the previous two seasons on opening weekend with my rifle, one of them is the pic to the left. I love the challenge of bow hunting so far and I am trying to go back this weekend for one more chance before Rifle season opens up. I hunt pretty hard core, I climb in my tree stand before daylight and I dont come down until dark ( not even to pee ). I hike about a mile and a half into the property to my spot and I dont see the point in going that far and not hunting the whole time and I always feel like he could walk out at any moment. I really hope this cold front this weekend will spark alot of deer movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X