No announcement yet.

Seafoam treatment for 5.3L V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an 08 as well with 82k on my odometer....seafoam....works...every 30k or so...im about to buy and put some in mine today...change oil too...

Comment

Worth it's weight in gold to me. Check out some youtube videos so you know what to expect though. Scary the first time you do it. Find somewhere quiet without traffic too. You will smoke a street out.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
        I read and watch a video and it states the engine needs to be on when pouring the stuff in the vacuum line. Another way is to spray directly into the TB while the rpms are at about 1 to 3k.
        You're correct, I'm sorry. I forgot I had it on and poured it in but then once it was all in you turn it off, letting it sit, correct?

I think it has to be on so it sucks/pulls the solution onto the heads....

Comment

In.......

Comment

Stuff is the best! I use it in everything. make sure to change your plugs after and not before you add it.

Comment

Just winterized all 3 of my vessels and added a can to each tank along with fresh fuel.
              ....I add a bit to the mower gas as well..

Comment

Just did it and one of the lifters started knocking bad. As soon as I started pouring the lifter stopped knocking . Will start engine in the next 15 minutes

Comment

Just did it and one of the lifters started knocking bad. As soon as I started pouring the lifter stopped knocking . Will start engine in the next 15 minutes
                  All you really did was create a big vacuum leak when you pulled the line loose. It shouldn't run well with that line suckin wind.

When you start it, drive it around the neighborhood.....it will smoke like a freight train!

I love the stuff, but I wouldn't put it in my oil AT ALL!

Comment

It's smoking but nothing like videos I watched

Comment

Found a video where you spray directly into TB because it does a better job getting to all the cylinders.

Comment

I put it in my gas tank every oil change as part of the preventative maintenance. I have never put it in my crank case.

I change my oil myself and add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the crank case.

This is in a 99 Tacoma 4 cyl 2.7 liter. I bought it literally with 17 miles on it and have never had a problem other than tires, battery, and changed the starter a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                          Works great in my wheelers.
                          It positively saved my '03 Honda Rincon. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                            It positively saved my '03 Honda Rincon. Good stuff.
                            And I added it to crankcase and fuel system.

Comment

Found a video where you spray directly into TB because it does a better job getting to all the cylinders.
                              Like I said before, I use the spray directly in the throttle body for that exact reason. When I did this on my 05 I had just a little smoke when doing it through the brake booster hose. Spray it down its throat and see how much smoke you get. Just make sure you take her around the block, or down the highway because that smoke isn't healthy stuff, and you wanna be moving while you blow it out of there.

Comment

there are several videos online on how to do it properly it did wonders for my Colorado with 275k on it

Comment

Working...
                                X