No announcement yet.

Devil’s River SNA succes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B Littleton I would like to apologize for our group not being able to read a map and hunting in your compartment. I will tell you it was an honest mistake, but one that should’ve been avoided. From your photos I see you still had a successful hunt and I hope what we did didn’t leave a bad memory of your hunt. I was lucky to be drawn and if I’m ever drawn in the future I will definitely do my homework as to not let that happen again. Once again I’m sorry Jason Robins

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jrobins56 View Post
        B Littleton I would like to apologize for our group not being able to read a map and hunting in your compartment. I will tell you it was an honest mistake, but one that should’ve been avoided. From your photos I see you still had a successful hunt and I hope what we did didn’t leave a bad memory of your hunt. I was lucky to be drawn and if I’m ever drawn in the future I will definitely do my homework as to not let that happen again. Once again I’m sorry Jason Robins
        no worries man, I had a great hunt regardless. the maps were a bit confusing and I had to double check myself a few times, and I make maps for a living! Glad y'all had a successful trip as well.

Comment

congratulations! I was fortunate to harvest a nice ewe last year and you're right a little tougher then deer but great eating.

Comment

Devil’s River SNA succes

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Nice ram! Congrats!

Prayers sent on the meat. [emoji3]

Meat is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, I loved it last yr. One of my most memorable hunts.

Comment

Ram shank Jamaican curry

Euro progress

Comment

Congrats on the aoudad and nice looking euro mounts!

Comment

Very very cool. How long did you have your name in the hat before you drew that one?

Comment

Awesome! Congrats! Hoping to get drawn for that hunt someday. How did others fare do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                        Very very cool. How long did you have your name in the hat before you drew that one?

I had 5 preference points

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                          Awesome! Congrats! Hoping to get drawn for that hunt someday. How did others fare do you know?

I was the only solo hunter. There were 4 other groups, everyone had opportunities and most harvested some. One group had some shots, but didn’t recover. The Aoudad are very nomadic. There may be 50-100 in your compartment at one point, and none an hour later. Tough hunting, but very rewarding/fun in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
                            I was the only solo hunter. There were 4 other groups, everyone had opportunities and most harvested some. One group had some shots, but didn’t recover. The Aoudad are very nomadic. There may be 50-100 in your compartment at one point, and none an hour later. Tough hunting, but very rewarding/fun in my opinion.

Hope to draw that one soon! I hear tell that there are a few Axis out there too.. see any? (in order words, was it ALL Aoudad or just MOSTLY Aoudad?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                              Hope to draw that one soon! I hear tell that there are a few Axis out there too.. see any? (in order words, was it ALL Aoudad or just MOSTLY Aoudad?)

No one even saw an axis in the park while we were there. The biologist said there are about 30 that are there regularly, but they mostly hang in the no hunt unit by the headquarters. Otherwise, they get some that come in on the boundaries.

Comment

Congrats...nice work on all accounts!

Comment

Working...
                                X