Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Rio Grande Valley NWR - Teniente Bow Hunt

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
    So what are yalls game plans? Hunting the mowed down lanes, game trails, or open fields?

A and b, currently hunting a mowed lane with several trails cutting across. Hunted trails yesterday that were in the brush, haven’t found any open fields or I’d try it.

What have you been doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jmsck12; 12-08-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I’m in an area with several trails converging but no movement so far. And yesterday I had 4 cow and a nice bull nilgai cut across one of the mowed lanes as I was walking in. Committed to this area for today but may move tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
        I’m in an area with several trails converging but no movement so far. And yesterday I had 4 cow and a nice bull nilgai cut across one of the mowed lanes as I was walking in. Committed to this area for today but may move tomorrow.

Yesterday I covered lots of ground, but as I was walking out in last ten minutes of light does were popping out of like every trail there was in front of me. Should be even better today since there’s no rain. I think animals are everywhere, Just gotta wait them out

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
          Just had two does come through my lane at 40 yards, they didn’t stop so I couldn’t get a shot

😎 cool, how's the wind?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
            [emoji41] cool, how's the wind?

0-1 mph

Comment

Does anyone have pics of successful buck harvests from here? I’d like to see the quality of bucks that comes off this place. I’m seeing good sign of bucks in the area but haven’t got my eyes on one yet.

Comment

I’m jealous of the weather y’all are having! It was 90 degrees and all I saw were ticks and turkeys. I saw a ton of fresh sign, but they must of been moving at night. Good luck to y’all!

Comment

Saw a bunch of trucks this morning driving to the lease. If anyone gets in a bind and needs anything, I'm literally a minute away.

Comment

Beautiful morning! I've only seen a small basket 6 that moved through behind my setup. My buddy that's in my group is saying he took a shot at a bull a bit ago! He thought he heard him crash in the brush 80y away. We are gunna stay put till 9 then go look. Updates to come!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                      Beautiful morning! I've only seen a small basket 6 that moved through behind my setup. My buddy that's in my group is saying he took a shot at a bull a bit ago! He thought he heard him crash in the brush 80y away. We are gunna stay put till 9 then go look. Updates to come!
                      That’s awesome to hear! Hopefully he’s close. I’ve heard those things are super tough and barely bleed. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                        Saw a bunch of trucks this morning driving to the lease. If anyone gets in a bind and needs anything, I'm literally a minute away.
                        Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
                          That’s awesome to hear! Hopefully he’s close. I’ve heard those things are super tough and barely bleed. Good luck!
                          You are absolutely correct

Comment

Looking forward to a pic. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                              You are absolutely correct

What’s the situation looking like with that bull?

Comment

We found him!

Comment

Working...
                                X