All-in-one stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-in-one stand

A couple of years ago at BPS I saw a lock-on/ladder stand that was basically a lockon with a built-in extendable ladder. I THINK it was made by API although I'm not sure. Anyone have a recollection of this stand?

One of these?

Single:

API Outdoors™ Ultra-Steel® Magnum V-Lock Ladder Stand

Double:

API Outdoors™ XLT™ V-Lock™ 2-Man Ladder Treestand

Comment

Think Shane's talking about a ladder like this but had a seat built into it.
      I use a ladder like this to set up my hang-on stands. Really easy to carry in the woods.
      Attached Files

Comment

shane, if its the one i think your talking about, it basically packs in like a climber . so rather than carrying a stand and climbing sticks, the stand has a collapsable ladder. i think it was 15ft high, and prices for around 300. my brother and i toyed around with making one. got a buddy who has one and loves it. honestly im surprised more people dont have one who feel uncomfortable using a climber and dont like trimming limbs.

Comment

It is not the one in the link. This one looks like a lock-on with an extendable ladder connected to it. The BPS in Katy had it up in their stand corral and it was right next to the walkway going through the store.

Panther, I like that ladder. I can think of many uses for that one.

I did see that Lone Wolf has one very similar, but it is not quiet the one that I saw. Plus $399 is quiet a bit of coin to drop on it

Comment

Okay, I found the ladders that Panther had...man they are pricey. Still searching for the stand though.

Comment

I know the API you are talking about. Thought it was a kewl idea but it seemed HUGE on the guys back.

Comment

So it was API? Thanks Oscar.

I am not too concerned about the weight or size as much as I am about ease and speed of set up (I say that now while I am sitting in the recliner). I should only have to tote it 50yds. or so.
                Last edited by Shane77624; 01-16-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Got it. It is an API Packmaster. Weighs in at 24# and goes up to 15 ft.
                  It looks like it was discontinued however.

Comment

Working...
                  X