Ilf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ilf

Someone please school me on ILF. Arthritis and old age is getting the better of me so I've began a quest for a lower poundage bow that will still deliver good terminal kinetic energy. I've got a Dryad static recurve coming in March, 45 lbs @ 28". I know nothing about these bows other than I'm hoping it will keep me in game a little longer. Thanks

ILF international limb fitting = I know ILF stands for International limb fitting, and everyone is talking about it. ILF meaning if I buy a ILF compatible riser then I could get any ILF limbs from any archery company.

Comment

With ilf you can adjust poundage, adjust tiller, easily change limbs, more tuning options plus more

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
        With ilf you can adjust poundage, adjust tiller, easily change limbs, more tuning options plus more

This^^^^^

Once it is “set up”, it is just like any other bow...............until you decide to change to a different “set up”!

I see the biggest advantages being that you can adjust tiller, and that you can adjust poundage (usually about a 5# spread).

I’ve never owned an ilf bow, but can see definite advantages when it comes to tuning.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the info, I know you can do all the above, I just have to learn how. Mike at Dryad has said he'll walk me through it when the bow arrives, just trying to learn what I can until then. I'm sure it'll be fun!

Comment

On a aluminum riser bow you have more options as well. My daas has both stabaluzer insert as well as riser drilled n tapped. You can put sights quiver bowfishing reel ams retriever rest berger buttons n all!! Though i shoot it off shekf set up like ant other trad bow just has a ams pro bracket that i never take off as i shoot more fish with it than anything else!! Lots of times will be set up with spinner too

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
              Thanks for the info, I know you can do all the above, I just have to learn how. Mike at Dryad has said he'll walk me through it when the bow arrives, just trying to learn what I can until then. I'm sure it'll be fun!
              It's a piece of cake. Really.
              You'll get the hang of it in no time.

The options to make the bow "what you want it to be" are almost limitless, but in the end it really only boils down to having a bow "That Fits" you, and you won't shoot it any better than you would any other bow "That Fits" you well.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for all the information, looking forward to expanding my Archery experience!

Comment

I finally decided I had to try an ILF bow. I started hitting forum classifieds trying to find a deal. I lucked out twice. First was Friday an Archerytalk member was selling a set of TradTech Black Max 2.0 45# medium limbs. The seller claims they were shot less than 25 times and they look like new so I believe him. Then a guy gave me a lead that he saw a Tradtech Titan II riser for sale on stickbow classifieds (Leatherwall bowsite forum). I got both the like new limbs and like new riser for $385 shipped. It will build a 60" bow. I am excited to try it out. I should have them later this week and will post pictures. I don't want to share the sellers pics.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                    I finally decided I had to try an ILF bow. I started hitting forum classifieds trying to find a deal. I lucked out twice. First was Friday an Archerytalk member was selling a set of TradTech Black Max 2.0 45# medium limbs. The seller claims they were shot less than 25 times and they look like new so I believe him. Then a guy gave me a lead that he saw a Tradtech Titan II riser for sale on stickbow classifieds (Leatherwall bowsite forum). I got both the like new limbs and like new riser for $385 shipped. It will build a 60" bow. I am excited to try it out. I should have them later this week and will post pictures. I don't want to share the sellers pics.
                    That is going to make for you, one very VERY nice setup.

Rick

Comment

Thanks, I am excited to get it put together amd shooting.

Comment

Working...
                      X