X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      I'd be curious what these cost in materials. They are outrageous to buy for my can am defender...so, I don't have any.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      Man, materials will be the affordable part. Time is where it gets expensive. I think I hit a diminishing return as soon as I strike an arc on one off projects. I would guess a couple hundred bucks all in on materials and I would guess I could name that tune in about 12 hours. What does this mean? 12x3.14=37.68 actual hours. I have found the only true application of Pi is to use it to multiply my estimated hours to get actual hours. That being stated, tuned in for actual time. Looks great!

Comment

Nice work. Like that bender!!

Comment

Looks super.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            Man, materials will be the affordable part. Time is where it gets expensive. I think I hit a diminishing return as soon as I strike an arc on one off projects. I would guess a couple hundred bucks all in on materials and I would guess I could name that tune in about 12 hours. What does this mean? 12x3.14=37.68 actual hours. I have found the only true application of Pi is to use it to multiply my estimated hours to get actual hours. That being stated, tuned in for actual time. Looks great!

I think you’re probably spot on. I’ve got about $200 in metal but I’ll still have buy lexan, latches, paint, bed liner and some sort of door seal material. I’d expect grand total to come in somewhere around $500-600

Time is a tough one for me. I spent a lot of time starring at it changing my mind. It probably took me 7 or so hrs per door. However now that I’ve got a solid plan, I think I could nick out the outher two in about 6 hrs total. We will see. Still have to figure out hinges next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...AMAZING work!!!!

Comment

You’ve got mad skills!!

Comment

Cool project!

Run that sheet metal skin through a bead roller before tacking it to the frame, and it will stiffen up quite a bit.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Very impressive. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

How a out knock out
                      The front 2. Sell them to
                      Me and build u
                      2 more front with all the upgrades u would have learned off the first set

Comment

That looks awesome

Comment

Very nice! I’m really wanting to build me some as well!

Comment

Hopefully I’ll get them hung on hinges this weekend so I can start on the other side. We’ve been busy as heck the last few days.

Comment

Had enough free time this evening to finish my hinge brackets and get the doors swinging on them. I decided to weld the upper front door hinge straight to the cage instead of building a bolt on bracket for it. Looks like it’s going to work out as planned so I guess it’s time to start the other two.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X