I wanna smoke a FATTY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna smoke a FATTY!!

Nooooo.....not that kind of fatty. I recently was in a meat smoking forum and they had these fatties. They looked yuuuuuuuumy. They basically start with a thin layer of breakfast sausage then add eggs, onions, whatever and roll it up in a basket weave made of bacon and then smoke it for several hours. They have gotten really creative with the stuffings as I have seen them from pizza fatties to seafood fatties. Any of you guys ever try em.

I havent yet but they look really good. Going to have to makeone this year.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

I've heard this called the bacon explosion as well...

Comment

I'm gonna try to filet a backstrap to about 1/4" sheet. Then I'm going to load it up with sauteed onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and cheese. Then rool it up into a log and top it off by rolling it up in the bacon basket weave. The combinations are unlimited.

Comment

I cook fatties pretty often. The easiest way to roll out the sausage is to place it between two layers of wax paper or saran wrap. Spread into a square and add the stuffing. My fave is cream cheese and sauteed onions and peppers and some cubed hash browns. after filling then roll one side over the other and seam the ends and wrap in the fridge overnight or until the fatty is good and cold. Before throwing it on the smoker I like to roll it in a good pork rub and then throw on the smoker in the morning for a couple hours, then I wrap in foil and add about a cup of brown sugar to make the outsides sweet.

Comment

Working...
            X