2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    From what Ive been able to locate 6.5x284 ammo is limited and 20 bucks more a box than any of the others. surprised at the options for 260 and good grief 6.5 creed is starting to look like .223
    Yeah, 6.5x284 is a reloader's cartridge.

Comment

after much deliberation, I'm going with the old standard 300 win mag. looking forward to it! thought about something more exotic like 30 nosler, but it's going to be a hunting rig... I'd hate to go out of town and forget bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        ... I'd hate to go out of town and forget bullets.
        Ive actually done that.... yeah I am special and deserve a ribbon... anyway thank god I was shooting a 223 and could pick up something at the local Wally World. Hunt was not ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          Ive actually done that.... yeah I am special and deserve a ribbon... anyway thank god I was shooting a 223 and could pick up something at the local Wally World. Hunt was not ruined.

I have too except it was with my sons rifle which made it even worse. Luckily it was a 243 so we were able to go into town in freer and pick some bullets up at the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just talked to the guys and got mine ordered.

300wsm
            1:10 24"
            Muzzle break
            Ambush Camo- black, gray, green
            Gray Cerakote
            Ratchet Fluting

Can't wait. Now to start looking at glass.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              I have too except it was with my sons rifle which made it even worse. Luckily it was a 243 so we were able to go into town in freer and pick some bullets up at the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny how that happens with those boring old calibers…

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Here's a more conservative version of the camo using black and two different grays to give ya'll more ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Here's a more conservative version of the camo using black and two different grays to give ya'll more ideas.
                  Like it!

Comment

I'm going to bring ya'll a Rem mag Action and stock. Calibers considering 257 WM, 264 Win-Mag 6.5x300WM.

Comment

Put my order in today for a 260 rem.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post

Nice!!!

Sierracharlie out...

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                          You should talk to Robert about making it an AI. I love my 22-250AI and wouldn't go back to a standard round if building a custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            You should talk to Robert about making it an AI. I love my 22-250AI and wouldn't go back to a standard round if building a custom.

260AI is the route I'm going but be ware that you will need an extended mag box to realize an advantage from the AI

Comment

In caliber deliberation right now. own a .270, 30-06, 308, and wife's APR 7mm-08. Don't want a 6.5 creed and I'm stuck with going towards either a magnum for Elk (which my 30-06 is fully capable of and I'm not worried about beating it up in the mountains since my wife dropped it already and took a chunk out of the really nice wood stock) or going with something lighter for Texas sized game which I will def use more and both my 270 and 30-06 are overkill for. Don't want an Ai because I don't reload and don't see myself starting either. Suggestions that maybe I'm missing? Thinking .260????..... I know I'm going to end up with a **** 6.5 creed

Comment

Sounds like you need a 257 weatherby

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                                In caliber deliberation right now. own a .270, 30-06, 308, and wife's APR 7mm-08. Don't want a 6.5 creed and I'm stuck with going towards either a magnum for Elk (which my 30-06 is fully capable of and I'm not worried about beating it up in the mountains since my wife dropped it already and took a chunk out of the really nice wood stock) or going with something lighter for Texas sized game which I will def use more and both my 270 and 30-06 are overkill for. Don't want an Ai because I don't reload and don't see myself starting either. Suggestions that maybe I'm missing? Thinking .260????..... I know I'm going to end up with a **** 6.5 creed

Comment

Working...
                                X