No announcement yet.

Stunning Glacier National Park, Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Awesome Photographs. You are a true artist with that camera.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
      Wow, your pics actually do Glacier NP justice.

If you don't mind giving up your process, what program are you using for PP and what is your secret to getting such vibrance? When I try to pull the extra color depth my pics usually look overexposed.
      Thanks!

I use Lightroom for all PP...as far a secret, it is just a matter of playing with it until it looks right. I actually very rarely touch the vibrance and saturation sliders...most adjustments I make are with the highlights/shadows sliders, blacks/whites, and then I also occasionally adjust the sliders for the luminance of individual colors which controls how bright they appear...most of the time time in these cases it's to tone down the unnatural ones rather that to boost their vibrance.

Of course, as always, the colors look best when shot with the best light...in the middle of the day they will look washed out, as opposed to early morning or late evening they are much more vivid

Comment

Awesome.

The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.
        Psalm 24:1

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I'm just learning Lightroom and I guess I am using the saturation slider too much.

I made the move to FF with a 6D about a year ago so I have been playing around in low light a lot more. Even in bright light I noticed I have to back down about -2/3 EV with the new camera.

Originally posted by LightHunter View Post
          Thanks!

I use Lightroom for all PP...as far a secret, it is just a matter of playing with it until it looks right. I actually very rarely touch the vibrance and saturation sliders...most adjustments I make are with the highlights/shadows sliders, blacks/whites, and then I also occasionally adjust the sliders for the luminance of individual colors which controls how bright they appear...most of the time time in these cases it's to tone down the unnatural ones rather that to boost their vibrance.

Of course, as always, the colors look best when shot with the best light...in the middle of the day they will look washed out, as opposed to early morning or late evening they are much more vivid

Comment

You sir are a blessed man. Thanks for sharing the pics and video. I have also seen some of the best of gods creations, but I can never get enough of the beauty and awe.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
              Outstanding pics! Thanks for sharing.

Glacier is one of the very few national parks I have not been to and I do want to rectify that. My wife is not able to do much hiking (bad knees). Can one drive through the park and do it justice?
              There are few roads in the Glacier area but lots of trails. You could see about half of the areas Lightroom took pictures of from or near the main road. The Road to the Sun is really the only impressive drive and we saw lots of mountain goats and bighorns at the top with just a short walk.

For the best picturesque views without leaving the roadway, the Grand Teton/Yellowstone area is your best bet in the lower 48. If you have 2-3 weeks, you can do all three since the drive to Glacier from Yellowstone can be done in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                Outstanding pics! Thanks for sharing.

Glacier is one of the very few national parks I have not been to and I do want to rectify that. My wife is not able to do much hiking (bad knees). Can one drive through the park and do it justice?
                Thank you!
                Glacier definitely has one of the prettiest roads in all of the US known as the Going to the Sun Road...but that's the main road through the park and you can easily drive it in a day. There are a few other roads that are one-way-in, one-way-out types of roads on the east side of the park. If you watch the video in the original post, the clips on the roads gives you an idea of what you can see from the roads.

As WhiplashTX mentioned, Yellowstone/Grand Teton is much more conducive to driving/sightseeing with many of the main "attractions" fairly easily accessible.

Comment

Brilliant!
                  Thanks for the road trip.

Comment

You sir, have a talent!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Great pics! I went ther about 15 years ago. The prettiest scenery I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing. That is got to be some of the most beautiful scenery on The Lord's Great Creation!

Comment

great Pictures.

Comment

So well done, Jordan! Expect to hear from me as I'm putting this on the top of the list and would appreciate your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                So well done, Jordan! Expect to hear from me as I'm putting this on the top of the list and would appreciate your advice!
                                Thanks, Casey! Hit me up anytime!

Comment

Working...
                                X