Treestand harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treestand harness

So I'm going to quite being an idiot like I have in the past and invest in a quality safety harness. The two I've looked at most are the Tree Spider and Hunter Safety System brands. Anybody care to give some recommendations on what to get? I'm 5'8" and weigh around 170 or so. The one I'm looking at most is the Tree Spider Micro. Second question, should I get one of those descender things? Don't care what I spend but want one I won't have to replace for a while.

Muddy makes decent ones, I just bought a Gorilla from bass pro they have a sale on them now, it looks and feels durable

Comment

Good deal. Thanks!

Comment

I use the big game easy on.

Comment

The descender thing is called a lifeline rope. You can make your own, the knot you need to tie is a prusik knot.

Comment

I just bought the Tree Spider Micro. $87 on Amazon. It doesn't seem like it would be cumbersome at all. I like the elastic tether and if you have scentblocker stuff, the harness clips into the clothing. I also bought a HSS lifeline. Really easy to set up and uses the prusik knot like mentioned above. If you want the kind that automatically descends it's the Tree Spider Livewire. I've only ever used the cheap-o harnesses that come with treestands, but figured I should get something decent. Can't be too careful.

Comment

Spyder Wire

Originally posted by mdmorrow View Post
              So I'm going to quite being an idiot like I have in the past and invest in a quality safety harness. The two I've looked at most are the Tree Spider and Hunter Safety System brands. Anybody care to give some recommendations on what to get? I'm 5'8" and weigh around 170 or so. The one I'm looking at most is the Tree Spider Micro. Second question, should I get one of those descender things? Don't care what I spend but want one I won't have to replace for a while.
              I use the Spyder Wire descender and in my opinion it is worth it hanging from a harness for more than 15 minuets can cause compartmentalization syndrome which can kill you.

Comment

I love the HSS Hybrid. My husband had a Muddy, tried it once, and got the HSS. He said there wasn't much difference, he just thought the HSS was easier to put on, and less likely to tangle.

Comment

I'm a big fan of rock climbing harnesses. easier to get back into a tree and way, way less chance of issues if hanging for awhile.

also, make sure you are setting up your tree line at the appropriate height. you shouldn't be able to squat below your seat more than an inch or so. otherwise, if you fall, you are too far below the stand bottom to easily get back into it.

Comment

I have the HSS Hybrid also.
                    Lightweight and great pockets (perfect size and location)

Comment

ive used the spiders for the last 3 years, and loveum

Comment

Working...
                      X