ruger mini 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ruger mini 30

Anyone got a ruger mini 30 or 14? everytime i squeeze the trigger on an empty chamber i gota wiggle the charging handle to pull the bolt back. Is it the same on urs.

Anyone got a ruger mini 30 or 14? everytime i squeeze the trigger on an empty chamber i gota wiggle the charging handle to pull the bolt back. Is it the same on urs.

Squeeze the trigger on an empty chamber?

Are you dry firing your mini?

Or are you talking about releasing the bolt lock, by pulling back the "slide handle" (as the mini series doesn't have a charging handle like the AR does) after firing the last round?

Comment

If you are dry firing (which is fine on rugers mini series) then it almost has to be a firing pin problem.

The firing pin has an L-shaped leg on the back that prevents out-of-battery firing. Sounds like the FP might be broken or battered and the L-leg is getting caught in the receiver cut-out it's supposed to slide through.

Take the barreled action out of the stock and look at it. You should be able to see what is causing it if you look.

If the bolt is sticking in the locked open position then there's a few more culprits it could be... The most common of which is not enough lube, and the second most common is if your rifle was dissembled, and the tapered end of the "guide rod" that goes under the buffer pin was installed upside down that will cause the bolt/slide rod to become stuck to the rear. Check it.

Comment

I hope this helped you.

If not reply back theres some more stuff about the bolt sticking in the mini 14/30 series that can be looked at... Some even "rust shut" because of the design of the gas system....

Comment

Shot it when i went home to Texas last week, no problems. I guess the headspace is just on the edge of being off and without a round in the chamber that bolt lurches too far forward when i dry fire it. Not worried about it anymore. Thanks for the imput though.

Comment

Working...
          X