No announcement yet.

IBO World Traditional Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny, I just put my bow and arrows on the registration table and said "I'm shootin' this".

Comment

Originally posted by zaggzig View Post
      Anyone have more info on the recurve classes, Modern vs unaided vs heavy hunter?
      sweet..... tell me more about that heavy hunter.
      I'm down to 280 but that sounds alot like me

Comment

Primitive (PRM)
        Bow – No man made material can be used on bow except string material and glue.
        Arrow – Must be wood, bamboo or cane.
        Other regulations same as current rules for LB:
        A Primitive bow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove,
        finger tab, or bare fingers, Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating
        devices, but they must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each
        shot and the index finger must contact the string in the same place for each
        shot. The index finger must touch the nock of the arrow. Face and/or string
        walking are not permitted.
        No sighting device of any kind may be used. There shall be no markings on the bow or
        bowstring (intentional or accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of
        draw check or clicker may be used. Arrows shall be made of wood, bamboo or cane and shall be identical in length, weight, and color (allowances shall be made for normal wear). Arrows shall be shot off the hand or shelf of the riser. PRM archers will shoot from the Orange stake.
        A Primitive Bow shot in PR shall conform to the following specifications:
        1. The bowstring, when the bow is strung, may only contact the nocks of the bow.
        2. The riser should be cut no closer than 1/8 inch to the outside of the centerline of the
        bow, however, if a riser is cut less than 1/8 inch to the outside of the centerline of the
        bow, a pad may be added so that the arrow rests on a surface no closer than 1/8 inch
        outside the centerline of bow.
        3. No stabilizers, counterbalances, or weights of any kind may be attached or built into
        the bow; except a bow quiver clearly designed to hold arrows.

Longbow (LB)
        Bow – One piece, or two piece take down.
        Other regulations same as current IBO longbow rules:
        A longbow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove,
        finger tab, or bare fingers, Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating
        devices, but they must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each
        shot and the index finger must contact the string in the same place for each
        shot. The index finger must touch the nock of the arrow. Face and/or string
        walking are not permitted.
        No sighting device of any kind may be used. There shall be no markings on the bow or
        bowstring (intentional or accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of
        draw check or clicker may be used. Arrows shall be made of wood and shall be identical in
        length, weight, and color (allowances shall be made for normal wear). Arrows shall be shot
        off the hand or shelf of the riser. Shoot from the Orange stake.
        A longbow shot in LB shall conform to the following specifications:
        1. The bowstring, when the bow is strung, may only contact the nocks of the bow.
        2. The riser should be cut no closer than 1/8 inch to the outside of the centerline of the
        bow, however, if a riser is cut less than 1/8 inch to the outside of the centerline of the
        bow, a pad may be added so that the arrow rests on a surface no closer than 1/8 inch
        outside the centerline of bow.
        3. No stabilizers, counterbalances, or weights of any kind may be attached or built into
        the bow; except a bow quiver clearly designed to hold arrows.
        4. A longbow may have a draw weight of up to 90 pounds (measured at the face edge of
        the bow at the arrow shelf at 28 inches draw).

Modern Longbow (MLB)
        Bow – Can be of any design as long as string only touches string grove or bow tip.
        Other regulations same as current Traditional IBO rules:
        A longbow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove,
        finger tab, or bare fingers. Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating devices, but they
        must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each shot and the index finger must
        contact the string in the same place for each shot. The index finger must touch the nock of
        the arrow. Face and/or string walking are not permitted. No sighting device of any kind
        may be used. There shall be no markings on the bow or bowstring (intentional or
        accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of draw check will be
        allowed. All arrows must be the same length and weight.
        Aluminum or carbon arrows must have screw-in field points; wood arrows may have glue on
        points. All arrows must have at least three (3) feathers or vanes no less than four (4)
        inches long. No stabilizers, counterbalances, or weights of any kind may be attached or
        built into the bow, except a quiver clearly designed to hold arrows. Arrows shall be shot off
        the hand or shelf of the riser only. An arrow side plate (if used) may only extend one (1)
        inch above the arrow. Shoot from the orange stake.

Recurve (REC)
        Current Traditional IBO rules apply:
        A recurve or longbow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove,
        finger tab, or bare fingers. Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating devices, but they
        must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each shot and the index finger must
        contact the string in the same place for each shot. The index finger must touch the nock of
        the arrow. Face and/or string walking are not permitted. No sighting device of any kind
        accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of draw check will be
        Aluminum or carbon arrows must have screw-in field points; wood arrows may have glue on
        points. All arrows must have at least three (3) feathers or vanes no less than four (4)
        inches long. No stabilizers, counterbalances, or weights of any kind may be attached or
        built into the bow, except a quiver clearly designed to hold arrows. Arrows shall be shot off
        the hand or shelf of the riser only. An arrow side plate (if used) may only extend one (1)
        inch above the arrow. TRD archers will shoot from the orange stake.

Hunter heavy weight (HHW)
        Bow – Draw weight must be 60 lbs. at 28 in. draw. Measurement shall be from face of bow.
        Other regulations same as current Traditional IBO rules:
        A recurve or longbow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove,
        inch above the arrow. Shoot from the orange stake.

Recurve Un-Aided (RU)
        finger tab, or bare fingers. No sighting device of any kind may be used. A rest and plunger
        are all that may reside within the sight window of the bow There shall be NO markings on the bow or bowstring (intentional or accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. All arrows shall be of the same material and be of uniform length and weight. String walking and face walking are permitted in the RU class. RU archers will shoot from the orange stake.

Comment

one thing I noticed, you have to shoot at least 4" feathers

Comment

Originally posted by zaggzig View Post
            Anyone have more info on the recurve classes, Modern vs unaided vs heavy hunter?
            Kenny, there is really only one recurve (only) class. It is called RECURVE and is like what we shoot in TBoT (off the shelf, no rests or stabilizers).

The RECURVE UNAIDED class is recurve or longbow (I know, confusing as heck) but you can use elevated rests, plungers, and an up to 12" stabilizer.

HUNTER HEAVY WEIGHT is recurve or longbow with at least 60#@28".

I don't know why they don't change the names of these classes and make them more understandable but they don't so that is what we deal with.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              one thing I noticed, you have to shoot at least 4" feathers
              That won't be a problem for you. They have to streoid up turkeys to make big enough feathers for you!

Yes, and in the LONGBOW (LB) class (we would call it longbow wood) there are restrictions on how close to center cut your bow can be. It is crazy.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Kenny, there is really only one recurve (only) class. It is called RECURVE and is like what we shoot in TBoT (off the shelf, no rests or stabilizers).

The RECURVE UNAIDED class is recurve or longbow (I know, confusing as heck) but you can use elevated rests, plungers, and an up to 12" stabilizer.

HUNTER HEAVY WEIGHT is recurve or longbow with at least 60#@28".

I don't know why they don't change the names of these classes and make them more understandable but they don't so that is what we deal with.

Bisch
                Thanks for all the info guys, saw all those classes on the flyer and it was like what in !@#$. Looked at the link from John and it made more sense. Looks like me and Anna will be in Recurve class for this one. Finally been practicing and hitting good shoots at home, now if I could just get another weekend off to shoot a few rounds.

Comment

Yes arvin i will be shooting a selfbow i am making one just for this shoot. I need a little more cast than i have now with bows i have.

Comment

This is Arvin. You're just like me, Rick. The bows have plenty of cast already, you just need to pull it on back to full draw. Lol

Comment

Arvin I would if I had longer arms.

Comment

This is sounding like a pretty good group of folks. I don't know how well I can represent Texas, but I do know how to have fun
                        I need to check the calendar.

Comment

You guys need to come Ron.

Matt

Comment

Y'all will have a blast, I know!
                            Neither Dusty nor I would even remotely be in the running (well, maybe Dusty would if he was "ON and in the zone" on the qualifying first day). But only the top (five, I think? Not sure, help me out here Deb) in each class get to shoot the course at all on the second day, so at this point, I think I'd rather stick around and get to shoot (poorly to average) two days at TBot's here in Texas. I bet there'll be lots of fun and fellowship for the "didn't make the cut" shooters, though, and the second day shooting likely doesn't take very long.
                            With the group that's going, there is zero doubt in my mind that Texas WILL bring back honors. GET 'EM!

Comment

We are out this year. We have a family vacation scheduled for July 3rd-15th. Then I leave July 16th for Asheville NC for work. I hate to miss this year, rumors are that the shoot is headed back up north. Yall shoot good and remember "Dont Mess With Texas"

Comment

Working...
                              X