axcel sight pin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axcel sight pin question

So I have the 0.019" pin size Axcel armortech-HD 5pin sight.....I am having an issue with the pins getting blurry when I aim...was woundering if I switch to either the larger or smaller size it would help.....also want to remove a pin o two...anyone know if you can remove/change out pins on these sights?

I would be interested to find out as well. I have a four pin and would like to add a few pins and get rid of the red ones. I can't hardly see those in low light conditions, I see the green and yellow better.

Comment

@mfloski. The pin is supposed to be a little blurry, as you are actually looking at the intended target, and floating the pin into place. Changing the size won't help, but a peep with a clarifier lens might.

@reaper87 why change the pins? Just get some replacement fiber and replace it. Much cheaper, and you will have spare to lasts long time.

Comment

@reaper87 why change the pins? Just get some replacement fiber and replace it. Much cheaper, and you will have spare to lasts long time.[/QUOTE]

Looking to add a couple pins and only change out the fiber optic in the red pin

Comment

I would not even try. If I wanted to do something like that I would send it it and have it customized.

Comment

Is it because they are getting too much light? Are they blurry, or to bright and starbursting? If they are too bright then put a couple of pieces of black tape over the fiber guard to tone them down a little.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I would not even try. If I wanted to do something like that I would send it it and have it customized.
              X2. I have done it, but I have two of them so it was easy for me to look at the other one if I didn't remember how to put it back together. Here is a link from archery talk that someone posted with pictures. You can always send it back to Truball and have them do it for you, for a small fee of course.

Comment

I put tape over the clear bubble on mine to keep them from getting too brite and starlighting for 3d. For hunting I usually remove the tape. I tend to like the .010 pins on all my sights.

Comment

Working...
                X