Destroyer 350 problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer 350 problems.

My buddy got a Destroyer 350 and we can't get it to paper tune for nothing. I help out in an archery shop part time and know how to tune bows but this thing is giving me alot of trouble. It keeps tearing high left and now matter what I do or what arrow I use it will now change. Does anyone have any ideas for me. It is set at 65#, 27 inch draw with the stops on 27. I just wonder if we need to start twisting the yoke cables a little. I noticed that the red side is twisted really tight and the gray on is not twisted at all. Why is that? Thanks for any help you can offer.

try walkback tuning
    Attached Files

Comment

It shoots pretty good at 10 yards. I know thats what matters but it just weird that it will not tune up close.

Comment

This is for RH shooters using a release,

Copied from the Easton Tuning Guide:

This tear shows a combination of more
        than one flight disturbance. Use the
        procedures that apply to the tear pattern
        for your style of shooting, and combine the
        recommendations, correcting the vertical
        pattern (nocking point) first, then the
        horizontal. If you experience a tuning problem (especially
        with the nocking point location) and are unable to correct
        a high/low tear in the paper, have your local pro shop
        check the ÒtimingÓ (roll-over) of your eccentric wheels or
        cams.

Comment

More than likely you have a slight cam-lean (top-right, bottom right), so you will need to untwist the right side about 1 1/2 twists. I've seen this in alot of the Destroyers. This results in a left tear, out of time causes the high tear.
          Now, you will need to re-time the bow, and it will come down to half-twists in the split harness. Twist and untwist right side while keeping cams straight at full-draw. It may be off enough to put full twist in one of your cables, and if so, twist end that attaches to cam.
          This is a two-cam bow, and timing is critical.
          You will feel the difference when you have it timed right.

Comment

If the tear isn't changing then it's probably due to the way you are shooting the bow. If the release isn't perfect then you are not going to get a bullet hole through paper. That's why paper tuning isn't as good of a tuning method as walk back tuning. Have someone else shoot the bow through paper and see what happens.

Comment

Have you corrected nock height first to get it to a flat tear. You can’t fix a left or right tear until nock height is set right. Apologies if you already know this.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                More than likely you have a slight cam-lean (top-right, bottom right), so you will need to untwist the right side about 1 1/2 twists. I've seen this in alot of the Destroyers. This results in a left tear, out of time causes the high tear.
                Now, you will need to re-time the bow, and it will come down to half-twists in the split harness. Twist and untwist right side while keeping cams straight at full-draw. It may be off enough to put full twist in one of your cables, and if so, twist end that attaches to cam.
                I set my Destroyer to perfect center shot and then tuned it in by twisting the yokes until I had a bullet hole. I never moved my rest at all. Very easy just time consuming. Make sure you are not getting any fletching contact(try bare shaft through paper) and that the rest timing is good. These bows shoot incredibly well when they are finished.

Comment

I've been having paper tuning issues every since I've had my bow. What the heck are the yolks?

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
                    I've been having paper tuning issues every since I've had my bow. What the heck are the yolks?
                    Where the cables split and go to the axles. You will need access to a bow press to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      We have a winner. I have heard a ton of Destroyer shooters doing this and fixing the problem you have described.
                      I bet if you do this your problem will be solved also.

Rwc

Comment

Cables!

Comment

i have heard of the ghost in the machines. I read a really good article how some bows are untunable. It is do to the fact that somewhere in the manufacturing process soemthing went wrong and the bow was not made to perfect specs. I read that it is very rare but it does happen once in a blue moon. I heard that the cam limb shaft can cause this along with alot of other things. I forgot where I read that article. Hope all comes out well.

Comment

save your time...get a mathews

Comment

Working...
                            X