Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upside/downside to buying land in Oklahoma vs. Texas (or other neighboring state)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    Texas has bigger deer? Lmao. Jackrabbits with antlers! ��
    Completely ignorant comment with no facts to support.

Would you care to wager? I got a lot of money on Texas. It is an easy win.

Comment

Any other Okies want in on the wager we can start at 5,000.00.

LOL.

Comment

If you can't figure out why Oklahoma deer are bigger than Texas deer( bodies), your GED has failed you. Just think a little...you can do it.

Comment

N Texas deer are the same as Oklahoma deer, as are east Texas deer. Grayson county dominates the entire state of Oklahoma. South Texas deer are bigger than both. Texas has way more and bigger Mule deer. Our axis deer are bigger than all of them.

The myth about small central Texas deer was back in the 80s because people killed every deer with 8 points. They are overpopulated so most that people see are young small ones. When allowed to grow, while smaller than the other regions, bucks can still hit 170-180 pounds.

Quit being dumb.

Comment

Wager? 5,000.00?

Chicken?

Comment

Comment

150 for the SKS...….

Deal......

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  150 for the SKS...….

Deal......

For you, my friend I’d package the SKS and the container so you could have an elevated position from which to shoot your massive deer. [emoji6]

Comment

N Texas deer are the same as Oklahoma deer, as are east Texas deer. Grayson county dominates the entire state of Oklahoma. South Texas deer are bigger than both. Texas has way more and bigger Mule deer. Our axis deer are bigger than all of them.

The myth about small central Texas deer was back in the 80s because people killed every deer with 8 points. They are overpopulated so most that people see are young small ones. When allowed to grow, while smaller than the other regions, bucks can still hit 170-180 pounds.

Quit being dumb.

Grayson county has good deer exclusively because of the age structure that Haggerman allows and because of an Archery only policy.

Texas’ ridiculously long gun season will hold it back drastically in comparison to other good deer hunting states. Bucks just can’t reasonably make it through the season year after year when they can be killed from 300 yards away for 70+ days

Dollar for dollar, Oklahoma is MUCH easier to get on decent deer.

And not to mention, their public land is heads and shoulders above ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL. I hunted SE Okla from age 8 to 34. The poaching and theft alone makes it much harder to grow decent deer. I quit wasting time and money to much easier get on lots of deer in the 120-155 range in Central Texas. LOL at public land. OK. Let's see OKTXs deer compared to my avatar. Talk is cheap.

It is MUCH easier to get on a 180-200 inch deer in Texas…..if you have the money.

Comment

LOL at public land. OK.

if you have the money.

These two bits of your quotes right here.
                        I’ve dealt with an equal amount of poaching and theft on both sides of the border. It’s been a while since you were a kid and poaching numbers have changed drastically.

And the “if you have the money” aspect was the whole instigator for the question of leaving Texas to hunt. This whole state has become a “pay 3K+/gun” for tiny leases with too many guys on them.

You may not hunt public land, but when taken into account, Oklahoma has FAR BETTER quality public pieces, FAR more public land, and continues to add properties paid for directly out of each license sale. The fact that I can at least get eyes on a 150+ buck a year for a $300 tag and some boots on the ground time is a heck of a lot better deal than several K to share a lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ironically, we used to hunt public land in Oklahoma. There were very few deer. Then they started putting up gates and leasing land. The quality of deer and the numbers improved drastically. Controlled and leased land has always been and will always be far superior for quality of deer. this is why South Texas is far superior to anywhere else in the country, Kansas included.

Comment

Any other Okies want in on the wager we can start at 5,000.00.

LOL.
                            You do realize Oklahoma had check stations for years, they weighted all thier deer...

My ranch average use to be,,, never mind it’s a mute point. None the less if you are talking size average you are taking sucker bet, you are going to have a hard time making up for the hill country numbers that well bring down the well fed STX and panhandle ranches.

Comment

Ironically, we used to hunt public land in Oklahoma. There were very few deer. Then they started putting up gates and leasing land. The quality of deer and the numbers improved drastically. Controlled and leased land has always been and will always be far superior for quality of deer. this is why South Texas is far superior to anywhere else in the country, Kansas included.

Oklahoma is no different then Texas, it’s ranch dependent, with that said quality ag and Bergman’s goes to Oklahoma

Comment

Yessir. You do realize I checked many a deer there. Hunted there from age 8 until 34.

Next bet, I have killed more deer in Oklahoma than OKTX. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X