No announcement yet.

When did the brotherhood stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read TBH everyday and involved with TBH members year round. Not involved with any other Social Media sites (Twit/FB/Insta etc). Group of friends has always been those who stay connected personally versus Media outlets. Online is less and personal is more IMO. Some of us have periodic gatherings, where we plan and engage trips and outings, at more more personal level. And as the years roll on, these things will continue. A few quality friends - with similar interests, who gather at the Green Screen....nothing less and nothing more.
    Last edited by AtTheWall; 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      That is no way to talk about Fishndude..[emoji13][emoji23]
      LOL.....He was not in his short-shorts either.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        I can’t help but wonder if you sound the same way in person as I imagine you do when I read your post (all of which i enjoy). Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to meet you at Nanza next year.

Sierracharlie out…

I found that Radar sounds the same in person as he does typing. He's a great dude both on the screen and off! Lots of good folks here!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I found that Radar sounds the same in person as he does typing. He's a great dude both on the screen and off! Lots of good folks here!

Yup... Radar is a good dude with some good “drank”. Great new addition to Team Wing/Fajita

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
            I don’t think I’ve ever seen a question on here not get answered. Want to hunt Cape Buffalo with a traditional set up? Someone will walk you through it. Considering pre marital counseling? You’ll get a couple pages of the good, bad, and ugly of counseling. Your mother in law’s car making a funny sound when she tries to honk the horn and the radio cuts out instead, but only if she’s going over 55? Someone will not only know what the problem is, they’ll teach you how to fix it so she can blow the horn and listen to her Jesus music uninterrupted.
            I know I’ve shared stuff on this board that I have never shared with anyone besides my wife and lawyer, and I’ve only met a few of y’all in person. Let me tell you though, getting to share those frustrations helped more than anything else would have, and those frustrations were met with understanding and no judgment. Like others have said, the brotherhood is there, you’ve just got to be willing to be a part of it.
            You have not been a member long, but you get "it"!

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            I would love an old timers get together for the ones that have been on here 12+ years.
            People can say what they want.... But, the threads, people, get togethers, etc. were much different years ago. Not even close these days to how it used to be. With growth comes pains.

We definitely had some of the greatest nut jobs on the web back then. Sure made for great entertainment.

One big differene is a lot of members had great redneck engineering skills. If something needed building or designing they could do it. Now, most just tell you where to go buy it.
            The oldtimers DO get together...annually...at Bownanza!

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Why you think I don't go as much? I used to go yearly. Long before you were around.

And, the parking lot atmosphere does not compare to the old park with the pavillion, trees, grass, and vendors that would show.

Those who live in the past are condemned to...live in the past!

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Come on now BB! How many get togethers have you been to in the past 8-10 years? You have been to what 1-2 Bownanzas in the past 8-10 years? 1 in the last 5? And you are talking about thget-togethersrs being different? The people being different at them?
            Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by DCT View Post
              I’ve only been on here for about 5 years. In those 5 years I have met some really stand up people, never had one bad experience (except maybe the grammar police coming after me from time to time lol). I wish I would have found this site along time ago. I have learned a lot, bought more stuff than my wife thinks i should have and have had some good laughs. I know most don’t know me for I don’t post a lot on here. But I do get on here daily to check in on what’s going on in the world. I have never been able to make it to one of the Bownanza because of work but I’m going to make it one of this days. If nothing else just to meet some of the great people that I’ve only talk to thought here and never met face to face.
              Woah woah woah!!. You can't go from work to but without adding a comma in between. You sir are in violation

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                I'm coming next year so y'all can whip my azz

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                I’m sure there are a couple of people who wouldn’t mind. I find most of your content comical however

Sierracharlie out…

Y’all might want get a look at ole Snowflake before someone wades off into that. I mean he’s old as hell now, but he’s full grown![emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Y’all might want get a look at ole Snowflake before someone wades off into that. I mean he’s old as hell now, but he’s full grown![emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HAHAHAHA

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Interesting; Wife and I visit your fine state every winter in March to visit an old Marine buddy. I look for knapping rock, maybe a 5 gallon bucket or two to take home to make arrowheads. I had over 500 view my request and not one taker. I have been an traditional archer for 60 years and am honest as the day is long. I didn't put in my post but I had planned on giving the person who let me gather some rock a stone knife or arrowhead as a thank you. My avitar has a stone knife that I made. I try and go out of my way to help a fellow archer/bow hunter. My dad owned Bear Archery shop (not Fred Bear Archery) in Michigan and he closed the doors in 68 while I was overseas. He died recently and I have all his old stock traditional archery equipment and I have given some it away to complete strangers based on their word that they could use it. I was truly disappointed that no-one stepped up and let me gather some rock but it is what it is. We are home now. Myself, I still help people out when I get a chance. I promised myself I would help a stranger out everyday I have left on this earth.
                    Last edited by Jon Stewart; 03-24-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                      Interesting; Wife and I visit your fine state every winter in March to visit an old Marine buddy. I look for knapping rock, maybe a 5 gallon bucket or two to take home to make arrowheads. I had over 500 view my request and not one taker. I have been an traditional archer for 60 years and am honest as the day is long. I didn't put in my post but I had planned on giving the person who let me gather some rock a stone knife or arrowhead as a thank you. My avitar has a stone knife that I made. I try and go out of my way to help a fellow archer/bow hunter. My dad owned Bear Archery shop (not Fred Bear Archery) in Michigan and he closed the doors in 68 while I was overseas. He died recently and I have all his old stock traditional archery equipment and I have given some it away to complete strangers based on their word that they could use it. I was truly disappointed that no-one stepped up and let me gather some rock but it is what it is. We are home now. Myself, I still help people out when I get a chance. I promised myself I would help a stranger out everyday I have left on this earth.
                      Wish I knew a place you could go Jon. My lil 1/5 acre don't have any rocks. State and Feds get upset if you take anything away from their sights.

Comment

Good thread. I figured the "good ol days" are now. Been on here since 2006. TBH is better than fb or anyother social media. Its actually relevant and a place if you are in need people will help. I have seen a few dog piles...we did that for fun back in the day. Take TBH for what it is and enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          Good thread. I figured the "good ol days" are now. Been on here since 2006. TBH is better than fb or anyother social media. Its actually relevant and a place if you are in need people will help. I have seen a few dog piles...we did that for fun back in the day. Take TBH for what it is and enjoy the show.
                          Agreed, joined in October 2006. Way better than Archery Talk, but there are some members that are gone, I wish were still here!

Comment

Easy on the old Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I agree Jeff.

TBH has given me the ability to make some really awesome friends and even reconnect with some old friends.

Although, some times I think they let me hang around because of my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                                Yea, that's the rumor.[emoji23]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We need to talk brother!!

Comment

Working...
                                X