Public Draw Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Draw Question

On a public hunt draw where there are only 8 permits available but the hunt allows 1-4 people per application what happens if the first 2 cards drawn have 3 names each and the next card drawn has 4 names? That would mean that they have drawn 10 hunters for only 8 permits. Do they put the 4 name card back and continue drawing until they find cards with 3 or fewer names on it until they fill the 8 permit spots?

If this is the case would it not make since then to only enter the drawings as a single versus putting 4 name on a card?

Does anyone truly know how TPWD handles these scenarios?

I have email TPWD and if I get a response I will post.

Yes. They throw that card out and draw until the numbers match. That's why I usually go solo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
      Yes. They throw that card out and draw until the numbers match. That's why I usually go solo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      Ok thanks for the info, I was afraid of that.

Comment

Yeah if it has mor applicants on it that spots open they draw another one.

Comment

That's not how it works they count that card as one permit and all parties on the card get to hunt! That's the way it works!

Comment

I'm interested to see what TPWD says about this. I've always wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer156 View Post
              That's not how it works they count that card as one permit and all parties on the card get to hunt! That's the way it works!
              If you look at a hunt it might show they want 20 hunters. When you look at the statistics after the hunt it could show they drew 23 hunters. That’s because they’re was one spot left and they drew a card of 4 hunters for the last.

If a particular hunt is really concerned with exceeding their quota, they limit the number of applicants to a number less than 4.

Now I have seen standby hunts that will not exceed their quota when conducting that draw.

Comment

Working...
              X