No announcement yet.

Bowtec Reign 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD’s are plenty fast enough. I had one on my 70lb MR5 and it shot great.

Are you shooting with the cock vane up?

To verify vane contact, you can shoot an arrow with lipstick on the vanes. Then check for lipstick residue on the rest.

Comment

Paper tune the bow yet? Fish tail shouldnt be from hitting the rest.

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
      Only thing I have seen is some arrows have a slight fish tail to the left and come back. I have a relaxed neutral grip with an emphasis to not torque the bow to allow contact with the cables.
      I may just need to look at the straight shooting arrows and see how I have the fletchings set with the string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Paper tune the bow yet? Fish tail shouldnt be from hitting the rest.

No I haven’t. What’s weird is that not every shot fishtails.

Comment

Paper tune will tell all, I'd bet your arrow is tearing either left or right if your shot is consistent.

No I haven’t. What’s weird is that not every shot fishtails.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Paper tune will tell all, I'd bet your arrow is tearing either left or right if your shot is consistent.

If that’s the case what does that mean I need to do to my bow? Never paper tuned before.

Comment

Here is a great explanation.

Comment

I was using a QAD on an RPM360. It's not that your rest isn't dropping fast enough, it's not setup properly.

When you draw your bow, when is the rest coming fully back? Knowing this will help diagnose your issue.

Comment

If that’s the case what does that mean I need to do to my bow? Never paper tuned before.

In this case, you probably need to get it to a good shop and start from scratch. Cam timing, harness tuning, centershot, and rest timing. The QAD LD, has the lockdown feature, so you shouldn’t be getting bounce back unless it is positioned too low, and launcher is hitting shelf before locking down. A press is needed to do all this.

Comment

Only thing I have seen is some arrows have a slight fish tail to the left and come back. I have a relaxed neutral grip with an emphasis to not torque the bow to allow contact with the cables.
                    I may just need to look at the straight shooting arrows and see how I have the fletchings set with the string.

you prolly have a good relaxed grip,but, how deep into your hand does the grip sit? its not sitting on the lifeline is it?

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                      you prolly have a good relaxed grip,but, how deep into your hand does the grip sit? its not sitting on the lifeline is it?

Without my bow at the moment I’m not sure but I think it is on the lifeline.

Comment

skip down to 3:00 minute mark................i personally stay on the meaty part of my thumb, if that makes sense.....i tried to find one that levi morgan did on the subject.
                        unlike other things in life, with your archery grip, deeper is not better...

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                          https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F&&FORM=VRDGAR

skip down to 3:00 minute mark................i personally stay on the meaty part of my thumb, if that makes sense.....i tried to find one that levi morgan did on the subject.
                          unlike other things in life, with your archery grip, deeper is not better...

Thanks for the tip man. That might have cleared things up. I came home and shot 5 quick shots utilizing this technique at 20yards without any arrows fish tailing.

Comment

Looks real good!

Comment

Working...
                            X