Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you move to the PNW?

Would you consider a move there?

In the future I may have the opportunity for relocation to either Washington or Oregon...specifically west of the cascades and to a relatively small rural town. It has came up quite a bit lately and I was curious if everyone’s opinion. I know most here love Texas and it’s culture but I’m honestly tired of the weather here. I’m at a point in life where it may be optimal time to make the move but it’s a big decision.

For that that live or have lived there... what are your pros/cons of the area versus Texas.

I've got a good buddy from Longview that has ended up in Olympia WA and loves it up there.

Comment

I grew up therein western Washington, lots of green
      Things like fishing and hunting were the norm, now it is taboo
      If it were any further left it would fall into the pacific

Comment

I couldn't do it, I'll take the heat over the cold. But I won't try to talk you out of it. You gotta do what you feel is best for you.

Comment

You'll need an Obama bumper sticker. Sorry, I didn't mean to pi$$ in the trough.

Comment

Most areas west of the cascades are extremely liberal. As extreme as it gets. The bigger the city the more extreme the liberalism. It's also just about impossible to buy any of the beautiful land in the cascades because it's all locked up into state or national parks. And buying land west of the cascades is less than ideal because urban sprawl is a huge issue. East of the cascades is a desert more or less but there is a lot of land for sale there, and that area is primarily conservative. Lots of wildfires in that area. Really wish the conservatives would have taken the good land west of the cascades and forced the liberals to the east side. If that were the case I would be living there. Housing prices west of the cascades are just about as high as you can possibly get.

Comment

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is no baiting allowed in Oregon. That includes hunting over agriculture

Comment

I could move north, but I'd stop in Wyoming. Washington and Oregon are just Northern California.

Comment

Never. I left Texas once, won't do it again.

Comment

Nope

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not for love nor money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lived there before 82. Would not go back

Comment

I spent a few weeks in Roseburg Oregon where the Umpqua and Rouge Rivers meet, cool little state park named Beavers Bend. Cool thing is The Oregon Dept of wildlife had transplanted whitetails from Texas in the park and they have spread in the valley, I had family there that knew all the game wardens.

Cool little town.

Comment

Awesome country, but terrible politics.

Comment

My opinion. It’s a cool place to visit. Wouldn’t live there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X