Boy scouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    I've put in my 1 hour a week for several years too...
    Ha! We still hook suckers with this!

Comment

Dadgum shame...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you guys are misunderstanding what's going on here. This is not the Boy Scouts catering to the PC crowd. This is the Boy Scouts going to war against the Girl Scouts organization. The Girl Scouts have refused to merge due to the disagreement with the cookie money. At its root, the Girl Scouts are a cookie selling company.

They have tried to merge a few times in the past but it was always the cookie money that got in the way. The Boy Scouts will now be opening its ranks to all boys and girls, which directly hurts the Girl Scouts.

The quality of a Girl Scout troop completely depends on the local leader. There are good troops and there are really bad ones. The Boy Scouts in general are more structured in that each troop has certain objectives it has to meet.

The Boy Scout dens will have separate boys and girls troops. The Pack meetings will be a combination of both boys and girls dens.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10 View Post
          I think you guys are misunderstanding what's going on here. This is not the Boy Scouts catering to the PC crowd. This is the Boy Scouts going to war against the Girl Scouts organization. The Girl Scouts have refused to merge due to the disagreement with the cookie money. At its root, the Girl Scouts are a cookie selling company.

They have tried to merge a few times in the past but it was always the cookie money that got in the way. The Boy Scouts will now be opening its ranks to all boys and girls, which directly hurts the Girl Scouts.

The quality of a Girl Scout troop completely depends on the local leader. There are good troops and there are really bad ones. The Boy Scouts in general are more structured in that each troop has certain objectives it has to meet.

The Boy Scout dens will have separate boys and girls troops. The Pack meetings will be a combination of both boys and girls dens.

Yep. Just don’t see the big deal. They are adding another group to their books. I’m glad my daughter has this option.

Comment

Boy scouts

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            You need to talk to a lawyer that has experience in this area. I'm telling you are wrong. A public bathroom at a store that does business to the public is in a different category than a private nonprofit.

Why were there no women members at Agusta National Golf Course until recently? That wasn't a legal issue, it was Agusta changing it self, they weren't forced to do it.
            Why are there no women members of the Kights of Colubus or Masoniv lodges, both of which run parrale women's groups?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok, no blacks allowed. Thats legal? Its private so why not?

Not trying to be a ****, I just dont see it happening any other way.

Last edited by Ætheling; 05-08-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Ok, no blacks allowed. Thats legal? Its private so why not?

Not trying to be a ****, I just dont see it happening any other way.

Do a google search for protected classes and when it's legal to discriminate. That will explain it all. I'm not going to turn this into a government class.

Comment

My troop and I will be at Lost Pines for summer camp this year Dave. Hope it's worth the drive. Hale wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  My troop and I will be at Lost Pines for summer camp this year Dave. Hope it's worth the drive. Hale wasn't.

Hands down, THE BEST summer camp our troop ever went to was Camp Alexander in Colorado.
                  Camp Worth in North Texas and Kerr Ranchm in Oklahoma are tied for second best.

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                      Hands down, THE BEST summer camp our troop ever went to was Camp Alexander in Colorado.
                      Camp Worth in North Texas and Kerr Ranchm in Oklahoma are tied for second best.
                      Worth Ranch is a home council camp for us. We do a summer camp there every third year or so.

Comment

Worth Ranch is a home council camp for us. We do a summer camp there every third year or so.

Sid was OK, but the boys liked Worth better. Mostly because of the staff.

Comment

Worth always has a quality program. Especially for the first year scouts.

Comment

The parents of children of this generation are destroying their future.
                            I have three daughters in middle school. If one of them wanted to join the Boy Scouts I would have laughed.

It's ok to tell a kid no when you need to.

Life is hard, you don't always get your way.

Comment

We enjoyed Hale 2 years ago. Lost Pines was a good camp, well run, good food, boy's enjoyed it. It is central Texas in the middle of summer so it's hot and humid, makes it hard to sleep at night for some.

We are headed to Buffalo Trails this summer. We have heard good things and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

There's better organizations out there like the Boy Scouts that won't compromise.

Comment

Working...
                                X