Changes to photo competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to photo competition

A couple of suggestions have been made for the photo challenge.

1. That we do it every 2 weeks instead of once a month.
    2. That we limit the size of the pictures when we post them so that they are more uniform when viewing.

What does everyone think of these ideas and do you have any ideas of your own? This is a work in progress so feel free to throw them out there.

The size might be different anyway, because people use different programs to post from......Plus some resizing programs take away from the quality of the pic....Every two weeks does sound good to me.....

I am game either way.......

Comment

That is true on the size Will but if your posting your pic from flickr you can choose the size you want to post and I can't tell that it effects the quality any.

Comment

I agree with using flickr. No change in quality. But if you just use a resizing program to get the pic small enough then you will loose quality......but flickr is free and allows you to post a bigger picture........

By the way nice photo.............

Comment

I like the idea of a more condensed timeframe. Either 2 weeks, or maybe even 1. A month is too long.

On the picture size issue, 800 wide should be plenty. If someone wants to link to a larger version, they should do that. But, for viewing ease, 800 posted to the thread makes sense.

Comment

No commentary, just post the pic in the official thread. Like you said Jason, a work in process.

Comment

Yeah Bill. But once the competition is wrapped I think we should open it up to commentary on the pics. I like to know what others think of the pics as well.

Comment

I like 2 weeks. Just in case some of us actually have to work

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  No commentary, just post the pic in the official thread. Like you said Jason, a work in process.

Great point. Keep the lobbying out of it.

Comment

works for me, yesterday was the first pic post i've completed, can someone tell me the what is the size i posted?
                    Bob G.

Comment

My $.02...NO COMMENTARY on the picture submission thread. 1024x768 seems to be a pretty common size to be viewed. Maybe set a maximum resolution for the pictures? If someone wants to post a smaller image, more power to them...but there probably should be a maximum size.

Comment

The more topics the better. If we go with a standard size... Can it be one of the choices on Flickr?

I agree with Jason about opening the thread to comments after the deadline.

Comment

I like the idea of submitting all pics to one "photography moderator" who posts them anonymously.

If I were the judge, I might be biased toward Casey (for example) because I like his stuff as a rule. Danny proved that even a blind squirrel can find a nut these days,..

Not sure why we would want to judge small images. That idea makes no sense. Like Casey (man am I loving Casey today?) 800 or whatever flickr comes up with in the large setting works great.

Comment

The choices on flikr vary with the original size of the photo. Large isn't always the same dimension between pics. I think if we just make sure the longest side is not greater than 800 pixels, we'll be fine.

Bob, your pic is 750 tall x 543 wide. That's perfect, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              I like the idea of submitting all pics to one "photography moderator" who posts them anonymously.
                              I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X