A little hog control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little hog control

Went to the lease for some chores and R and R. I have been seeing pigs on camera, but had not had a chance to thin them out at all.

Saturday morning I got in the stand (rifle, its too hot to bow hunt) about an hour before the feeder went off and well before daylight.

I had two really big boars come in early, but it was too dark and I had a bunch of cattle around so I did not chance a shot.

About 20 minutes after the feeder goes off I had three large sows, two mid sized boars and about 14 shoats come in. The trusty 22-250 took out one of the smaller boars and the shoats just kind of milled around before running off. The last one did not make it far enough. Shooting a 2 lb pig running is no easy feat. One of the better shots of my life.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 220swift; 08-20-2018, 09:15 AM.

Nice shooting

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
      Nice shooting
      thanks

Comment

Well done

Comment

Perfect pit size!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Good eating! Congrats and kill em all.

Comment

Running pig shoots are a hoot. I once had 11 in my 100' round pen trap. My Nylon 66 got a workout, and then I saw a piglet about that size hauling ham toward the creek. I got on him and downed him with my second shot at about 40 yds. Too much fun!!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                X