Tips on laying st. Augustine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on laying st. Augustine

I have 14 pallets coming tommorow. What's the best way to lay it? Start at curb and work my way up to the house? Does north and south or east west matter? First timer here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Green side up
    Sorry couldn't resist. Dosent matter loosen soil slightly before laying, water,then light roll

Comment

Start at house.

Comment

Rent a grass roller from Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all about how you prepare your soil. If you have time spread a 1/2 inch thick layer of a good quality compost. Lay sod on top and water water water!!! Due to the heat of the day you need to water at least every morning and night for half hour each. If sod doesn't get enough water roots cannot get established. Compost foundation will give it nutrients it needs to stay healthy thru summer.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
            Green side up
            Sorry couldn't resist. Dosent matter loosen soil slightly before laying, water,then light roll
            Check.

Comment

Originally posted by furtrapper View Post
              Start at house.
              House to curb? I was told curb to house. No?

Comment

Originally posted by toaster View Post
                Rent a grass roller from Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

This but rent some grass layers. I heard they hang out there some times.

Comment

Stagger the seams. Buy some sand and mix with top soil to fill in any natural gaps. It will keep it from drying out the sides and roots. The roller from HD fills with water and will be a huge help in getting it level.

Comment

We just started this at my brothers house this AM! We’re working from the house out. Got his front yard done in no time (two pallets) but his backyard is a different story. Three pallets in and we haven’t even begun to make a dent in it. We’ve rented a roller from Home Depot and it’s turning out pretty good.

Comment

14 pallets? Screw that.

Comment

Hopefully you have lot of help. Ask them when are they cutting the grass and how long do they say it can stay on the pallet? You may not want to get all 14 pallets at once of you are going at it with 1-2 guys.

Comment

However Juan & Jose want to get it done.

That's a lot of grass to lay. Hope you have some help.

Comment

Aleve!!

Comment

pay someone to do it is the best tip I can give you. Laying grass sucks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X