No announcement yet.

Red Light Camera ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll pay when they can prove their camera took a picture when i was driving AND the light was red at the time -and they can be cross examine -not just because they have a picture of a license plate in an intersection,
    Also.. **** Tomball's red light cameras.
    Good thing Montgomery county refuses to comply with their scofflaw requests...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I'll pay when they can prove their camera took a picture when i was driving AND the light was red at the time -and they can be cross examine -not just because they have a picture of a license plate in an intersection,
      Also.. **** Tomball's red light cameras.
      Good thing Montgomery county refuses to comply with their scofflaw requests...

https://www.facebook.com/TomballTrashYourTicket/
      Bingo. I love when the morality police comes out and throws their $.02 in! Comparing it to poaching!? Lol. Come on.

Comment

I'm waiting for the internet morality police comparing it to not paying child support.......or he could have killed a bus full of kids....he's already an admitted poacher

Comment

Do they send the unpaid bills to a bill collector? Does not paying affect your credit? I had heard that but I am unsure.

Comment

Got one in Arlington a few years ago for slow-rolling a right turn on red. Never paid it, no repercussions.

Comment

I got one in Fort Worth and didn't pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                Poaching and a traffic violation not apples to apples. Plus, they rarely have a pic of the drivers face.
                Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Dang. Was curious on answers but wasn’t expecting to be compared to a poacher for hitting the intersection right after the light turns red lol
                Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Bingo. I love when the morality police comes out and throws their $.02 in! Comparing it to poaching!? Lol. Come on.
                I don't think he was comparing anyone to a poacher as much as the manner in which each was caught.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  750$ is inasane
                  it is the left coast!

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
                    You are right about that. Next time I see someone texting and driving I am going to roll down my window and throw my beer at them.
                    This made my morning.

Comment

don't run red lights?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?
                        I can only speak for my own situation. My truck was in the intersection when the light turned red. TxDOT has specifications related to the timing of the yellow. The intersection I was called out on was improperly set. Commonly termed as a "short yellow". Cities today are pushing the envelope as a means of revenue. The true reason they installed the cameras IS FOR revenue. BOTTOM LINE. Police simply cannot capture everyone that commits a traffic violation. The cameras are used to write up citizens that could have "gotten away".

Either way, more cameras are coming. Get ready for it and just accept it.

If I'm wrong, I've always paid my tickets. No argument there.
                        Last edited by tigerscowboy; 08-16-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?
                          I think they are unconstitutional. That is my justifying.

It privatizing law enforcement.....that is bad bad bad.

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                          For those saying it’s OK to ignore, how do you feel about someone getting caught poaching by game camera?
                          If a private company filmed, investigated, judged and sentenced a poacher, yes would have a problem with that.
                          Last edited by mmoses; 08-16-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                            For those saying it’s OK to ignore, how do you feel about someone getting caught poaching by game camera?
                            Don’t know too many poachers that get tickets in the mail based on little to no evidence. Do you?

Comment

I did a little research on this and there are more accidents getting rear-ended from people trying to stop at the red lights then running them. so I'm going to run everyone I see

Comment

I payed mine. I owned up to my mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X