Question for you ez fletch mini owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for you ez fletch mini owners

Ive done about 3 dozen with my arizona ez mini and I am noticing glue build up on the tips of the arms in the slots. I thought I read somewhere that I could submerge the whole thing in acetone? Is that right or how do you all clean up the dried extra glue

I just got one so have no experience but read on the package it said to soak in acetone for 30 minutes

Comment

I keep a knife with a thin blade in the garage where I fletch. I scrape or knock off excess glue with it. It works but I believe you can use acetone as well.

Comment

I knock the dried glue off and wipe it with acetone.

Comment

I scraped some with my pocket knife but was worried about cutting into the plastic

Comment

You're supposed to put bow wax on the inside of the slit where the vane feeds through when getting them ready to lay a bead of glue on them for fletching...it aids in keeping the glue from becoming attached to the arms, and it helps hold the vane in place on the arm when folding up the arms and seating the vanes on the shaft...just plain bow wax on the inside of the arm will help with this...

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
              You're supposed to put bow wax on the inside of the slit where the vane feeds through when getting them ready to lay a bead of glue on them for fletching...it aids in keeping the glue from becoming attached to the arms, and it helps hold the vane in place on the arm when folding up the arms and seating the vanes on the shaft...just plain bow wax on the inside of the arm will help with this...
              Good tip, I'll give that a shot next time.

Comment

I using Bohning Platinum with my ez fletch. It does not stick too bad the fletcher arms, and I just scrape it off with my fingernail when I get ready to use it next time.

Comment

use less glue and the bow wax helps

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                    Thank you for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                    X