Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T/C Encore ProHunter .300

I'm looking at these rifles.
    A friend of mine has one at our club and it looks solid.
    I buy guns that I can use forever and pretty much hunt whatever I need to hunt.
    I'm thinking of getting this in a .300 so I can hunt wherever and whatever.

Any feedback from anybody that has one or experience with this particular set-up ??

Send it off to get a trigger job and your GTG

Comment

Love Mine. I set 1 up for Elk Hunting as a Pack gun and Have No Complaints. It will shot right beside my 300RUM all day long. I did put a break on mine and was all worth every penny

Comment

Encores are a blast and great platforms to try out new calibers. You can get an awesome trigger on the receiver pretty easily, (I sent mine to bull berry) then just with a screw driver and a pin you can switch barrels to try out most anything under the sun.

I won't get into all the barrels I have for mine, because it will show my addiction. But they are awesome. Buy one and never look back.

As for the 300 I presume win mag? I'd get a break for it... Encores aren't terribly heavy and a break could subdue that mule.

Given how short the reciever is they make great truck/ blind or quick access guns.. I've got a 16.5" 300 blk on one of my receivers and it's by far the shortest gun in my safe... Oh and my favorite barrel so far. even with the suppressor it's shorter than my other rifles.

Comment

Forgot a pic... Or 2
          Attached Files

Comment

The friend of mine has a muzzle break on his .300. Says it shoots nicely.

After seeing these pics and comments my appetite is wetter now!!

Comment

Working...
            X