Another cancer thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cancer thread!

About six weeks ago, Tina woke me up to feel her boob. Normally, I'd have been happy about it, but this time it was because she found a lump. She does self exams on a very frequent basis, but had never noticed this lump until she was laying in a very weird position, and got a pain in her arm; by shear luck, she felt it.

Thursday she went to MD Anderson to have a mammogram. Even the doctor couldn't find the lump until she showed him where it was. When he saw it on the scan, he was almost certain that it would be cancerous. They said they could do a needle biopsy, that day, if she had time to stick around ... so she did.

The took biopsies from a lymph node in her neck, from a lymph node under her arm, and from the lump.

The neck lymph node came back negative.

The lymph node under her arm, and the lump came back as cancerous.

They sent off the biopsies to find out exactly what kind of cancer it is. Next week she will go in for more scans, to make sure it hasn't spread anywhere else, and then they will plan a course of treatment that will most likely be chemo to shrink the tumor, followed by surgery to remove it, then radiation as a follow-up.

Tina is what keeps our family running. We need all the prayers we can get to help us through this time.

This will be especially tough since we haven't finished our barndo, and we're living in a 32' RV. Getting her comfortable, after her treatments might be challenging.

Crap - I hate cancer. Prayers up for you both.

Comment

Prayers up for both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May the Good Lords hands heal you wife of these cancerous lumps. We'll be prayin for her and family

Comment

Well this is a punch in the gut amigo...good on Tina for catching it even when so small!!

Prayers for complete healing, wisdom and discernment for all the doctors, care providers and for peace to all of you during the journey...love you guys.

Blessings,

Paul

<><

Comment

Saddened to hear. Prayers up for a complete recovery.

Comment

KCA !!! My thoughts are with both of you.

Comment

Prayers for all.

Comment

Prayers sent for you guys!

Comment

Man what timing, going through life- building then barndo then bam, curve ball.

Y'all will be in my prayers.

Comment

Praying for Tina. God bless.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers