17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17-18 Childress Cottle Hardeman Foard HallWilbarger Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you the new year thread to discuss all the awesome and amazing things happening in our little area in North West Texas just prior to hitting the Panhandle. As the new season nears, i figured getting this thread started a few weeks early will give us all a reason to come on and talk about how geeked up we are for September 1st to get here.

Like all the other threads, post up if you're in the area and use this as a place to share trail cam pics, rut activity, etc. Heck even just a place to be able to see if anyone wants to grab a beer or needs help with anything. Its always a good thread for area advice or where to pick something up locally.

Its setting up to be a pretty awesome year this year. With dryer summer, maybe we wont have as much natural vegetation like last year and get these deer up and moving more this year. Ive heard the birds are already flying up in our area so looking forward to Labor Day Weekend Dove hunt.

Enjoy fells and good luck to everyone. Stay safe and enjoy God's country!!
    Last edited by tdhadley10; 08-14-2017, 02:23 PM. Reason: Correcting/Shortening Title

Also, i know there is a specific Panhandle thread that does bleed into our area a little bit. Most of the guys are a little farther north than us but still a great thread to check out.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Comment

Not sure about the dry summer part, our place looks like the amazon, my partner did start plowing up the plots, we put in about 50 acres total of plots, we let a real farmer do the 150 acre field.

Comment

Don't have much to share yet but we are getting prepped and ready for opening weekend. Second year on our place in Goodlett, and still quite a bit of work to do to prepare but we will be there and hopefully be tracking blood opening day.

Comment

hoping the roads by my place dry up by this weekend. Headed out there to finish up some work and fill feeders, will probably have everything final and ready for season opening weekend of dove season. Ready to check cameras and see whats been out there this summer.

Comment

In

Comment

Hey gang. I would post pics of couple nice bucks from our place but I have no idea how to make it work on this site.

Comment

Should have thrown Baylor and knox counties into that little grouping.

Comment

Been lurking for a few years. Our group hunts between childress and quannah. Im looking forward to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    Not sure about the dry summer part, our place looks like the amazon, my partner did start plowing up the plots, we put in about 50 acres total of plots, we let a real farmer do the 150 acre field.
                    My place is like yours.... I am in!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Yep, went up this weekend to do the final prep on our place and it's thick! Couldn't believe how much it had grown up over the last month. Feeders are back running, I think we've got everything set. Just hoping a couple of the bucks we passed on last season show up again this year. Gonna be a long month until season!

Comment

My sons went up Friday to fill several feeders, they got there about the time a flood had just quit, bar ditches were full, they had to park trailer at gate with 70 bags of feed and **** ant it in with a mule, they spent over 90 dollars in quarters washing truck, trailer and mule, I bet that car was owner was happy with them.

Comment

This is like the worst week of the year.... Have to wait and work all week just to get to the great day on Saturday!! Good luck everyone this weekend. Looks like we are going to get some amazing weather for opening day! Be safe and let em fly!

Comment

Looking forward to Saturday morning!

Comment

Keep an eye out for them rattlers, we went up to Quanah this weekend and killed 11 around camp ranging from 6 inches to over 6 foot. 1 was captured alive by my cousin so he could do a mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X